Sony announced a $99 Playstation One classic console. Xbox will now go down to #5 in the monthly NPD sales numbers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not out on PC yet cause the game still isn't finished 

Fuck this thing. I'd rather have a mini dreamcast filled with hd remasters. 

Lemcels who spent $500, twice, during this console gen are trying to make fun of other people for spending $100 on something after they've spent $1000 and the games they look forward to are OG Xbox ba

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

As I said, lies. 

The literal MCC devs even admit and apologise for how 'broken' it was but Deeno says it's ok so it's ok :D

but if you remember, a couple of years ago I promised to explain what the underlying issues with MCC were

“How could you not know that matchmaking was going to break?” – fundamentally it was because we were testing it in an environment that we had set up incorrectly and with some (as we discovered later) faulty assumptions

From a personal perspective, the MCC launch was one of my lowest ebbs, professionally

In our matchmaking testing we were seeing results that ultimately weren’t reflective of the real retail environment, and our test sessions never got to the kind of scale where we’d see some of the looping issues I’ll describe below. So we genuinely didn’t know until the day it released, how bad the matchmaking in particular was going to get

To be clear here, the platform networking model was working as intended, but we made errors and ultimately approached it with the wrong strategy.

One of the main matchmaking issues was related to the way that the games gathered players

That is years after release and a year ago nearly :mj:

What a disaster of a game. Buy it in 2014, still workign to get it fully working in 2018 lol

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-mcc-what-happened-and-what-happens-next/32dd5e4a-1001-4aae-b51b-22c091e8d21a/posts

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The literal MCC devs even admit and apologise for how 'broken' it was but Deeno says it's ok so it's ok :D

but if you remember, a couple of years ago I promised to explain what the underlying issues with MCC were

“How could you not know that matchmaking was going to break?” – fundamentally it was because we were testing it in an environment that we had set up incorrectly and with some (as we discovered later) faulty assumptions

From a personal perspective, the MCC launch was one of my lowest ebbs, professionally

In our matchmaking testing we were seeing results that ultimately weren’t reflective of the real retail environment, and our test sessions never got to the kind of scale where we’d see some of the looping issues I’ll describe below. So we genuinely didn’t know until the day it released, how bad the matchmaking in particular was going to get

To be clear here, the platform networking model was working as intended, but we made errors and ultimately approached it with the wrong strategy.

One of the main matchmaking issues was related to the way that the games gathered players

That is years after release and a year ago nearly :mj:

What a disaster of a game. Buy it in 2014, still workign to get it fully working in 2018 lol

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-mcc-what-happened-and-what-happens-next/32dd5e4a-1001-4aae-b51b-22c091e8d21a/posts

YyqPu3O.png

The match making has been normalized since March of 2015, it wasn't perfect but it was within normal error tolerances. 

You're dumb. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

YyqPu3O.png

The match making has been normalized since March of 2015, it wasn't perfect but it was within normal error tolerances. 

You're dumb. 

:D

MCC Director admitting and apologising and talking about future fixes in 2017 v Deeno saying it works. Hmmmm

He even admits their fixes didn't work in the link I posted dumbass lol

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:D

MCC Director admitting and apologising and talking about future fixes in 2017 v Deeno saying it works. Hmmmm

He even admits their fixes didn't work in the link I posted dumbass lol

Many people who complain about the game these days have legitimate issues with matchmaking and other aspects, and we’re not going to dismiss those – so even though for most, the game is stable, and the sheer wealth of content and experiences makes it – to this day – a highly rated title by players - we get it. 

We weren’t happy with that situation, but we were stuck between a rock and a hard place – most users were (by this time) able to play properly and find matches, and further tinkering might put that at risk. At that time we decided the right thing to do for the total player base was to stop. 

You're an outsider looking in, you have no idea what you're talking about.

:snoop:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Many people who complain about the game these days have legitimate issues with matchmaking and other aspects, and we’re not going to dismiss those – so even though for most, the game is stable, and the sheer wealth of content and experiences makes it – to this day – a highly rated title by players - we get it. 

You're saying it was ready in 2015 when they clearly say:

The fixes and patches we’d applied were pretty delicate and we ended up in a precarious situation where there was no way to make more fixes without potentially breaking something else or making things worse

More importantly the overall dev post is about how they can still fix it:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/21/16513450/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-fixed-update-patched-343-industries

Halo director spells out what went wrong in Master Chief Collection, why it can be fixed

Why it can be fixed.......not it's fixed. That was 2017 :D Disaster of a game. But is anyone really shocked that you're defending it?

Fucking Deeno man... You talk to him about the possibility of a PC release of MCC..  "nah man, the game is essentially 5 engines ducktaped together and barely functions as it is"... then you talk to him about the Xbox version "It's been solid for forever now... problems were greatly exaggerated"

18 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're saying it was ready in 2015 when they clearly say:

The fixes and patches we’d applied were pretty delicate and we ended up in a precarious situation where there was no way to make more fixes without potentially breaking something else or making things worse

More importantly the overall dev post is about how they can still fix it:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/21/16513450/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-fixed-update-patched-343-industries

Halo director spells out what went wrong in Master Chief Collection, why it can be fixed

Why it can be fixed.......not it's fixed. That was 2017 :D Disaster of a game. But is anyone really shocked that you're defending it?

That's my point, they got the game into an operable and mostly stable state in March/April and then dropped development out of fear that if they messed with it further all the progress they had made to normalize the online function would have broken again. 

If you tried to get into a match beyond March/April it only took a few minutes and sometimes seconds, it behaved like you'd expect from basically any game with match making. There were still problems throughout the package but for the most part it worked fine. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Holy shit this Halo discussion is deja vu.  I had this conversation with Deeno last year and he got so ass blasted that he posted a video of him getting into a match as if his experience was representative of everyone's experience.

Game was broken for years.  I might've been fixed with this most recent update, but the reason it needed that update is because, once again, shit was broken for years.

10 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Fucking Deeno man... You talk to him about the possibility of a PC release of MCC..  "nah man, the game is essentially 5 engines ducktaped together and barely functions as it is"... then you talk to him about the Xbox version "It's been solid for forever now... problems were greatly exaggerated"

He always traps himself in circular logic... each and every time :mickeyj: