Sony announced a $99 Playstation One classic console. Xbox will now go down to #5 in the monthly NPD sales numbers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not out on PC yet cause the game still isn't finished 

Fuck this thing. I'd rather have a mini dreamcast filled with hd remasters. 

Lemcels who spent $500, twice, during this console gen are trying to make fun of other people for spending $100 on something after they've spent $1000 and the games they look forward to are OG Xbox ba

Just now, Saucer said:

Evidently yours are more than thick enough. 

its a racer, you go around in circles....the genre hasnt exactly left it in the dust.

its certainly held up much better than those awful mode-7 racers on the snes classic rofl.

12007-ingame-Ridge-Racer-Type-4.png

large.jpg

i know, mode 7 is a prehistoric dinosaur.

and if the swag of namco's arcade golden era holds no interest for you, your original point that r4 it a filler title, remains objectively false. any of the 4 racers i mentioned is an apt choice.

Edited by Quad Damage

All these classic consoles are trash.  Overpriced and all you get is a small selection of roms which you may or may not be interested in. Many great games missed off due to licensing issues.

If you can hack them and load more, great. Otherwise you'd be better off just getting a raspberry pi pre-loaded with like 1000 games.

56 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

All these classic consoles are trash.  Overpriced and all you get is a small selection of roms which you may or may not be interested in. Many great games missed off due to licensing issues.

If you can hack them and load more, great. Otherwise you'd be better off just getting a raspberry pi pre-loaded with like 1000 games.

I regret buying my SNES mini, turned that shit on twice for a total of 1 hour maybe. Relic of the past, new games offer so much more it's not worth going back that far to get a good gaming fix. Xbox/ PS2/GC era is where I draw the line from now on, retro is let go :moto: 

3 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Fuck this thing. I'd rather have a mini dreamcast filled with hd remasters. 

At least the games would hold up better. Early 3d games are terrible now, it's like going back and playing late 70's vector games. 

5 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

At least the games would hold up better. Early 3d games are terrible now, it's like going back and playing late 70's vector games. 

I'm extremely nostalgic and biased toward PS1 games but there are plenty of them that still holds up, especially games with fixed camera/sidescrollers/cg backgrounds. It's not as bad as you guys make it out to be.

MGS1, RE games, Castlevania, Square/Enix RPGs are still fun to play.

• Upvote 2

Tekken 3 - I'll definitely replay this by myself and with friends. Still fun in short bursts. 

Wild Arms - Would play out of curiosity/refresh my memory but there are so many better RPGs for the PSOne that it's actually a waste.

Jumping Flash - Whatever.

Final Fantasy VII - Mandatory. PS4 version I have is better so whatever, but still mandatory. 

Ridge Raaaaaaacer4 - That's not Gran Turismo 2.

No joystick for the controllers = huge fail.

Let's hope the rest of the selection delivers.

Yeah, it seems like it makes sense that the 20-game list is very RPG heavy.

That means it sticks to mostly 2D games.

I would have hoped they could achieve some sort of motion smoothing or do something to help with the framerate, because its pretty bad with certain 3D games.

Not expecting more polygons, or upgraded textures, but there's nothing nostalgic about that framerate.