Marvel's 'Spider-Man' sold 3.3M copies in the first three days of release

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's not true, since 1939 Batman has sold like 450 million comics, since 1963 Spiderman has sold like 375 million, that's over a million issues more sold per year than Batman, Spiderman is much more popular.  Batman has had better games, the mechanics of the character has given credence to better function over the course of technological advancement. Making a Spiderman game has always posed issues with the scope, scale and function of character relative to mechanics of web slinging through a massive city. A Spiderman game couldn't have been properly done until now, and now it finally has been. I'd argue even now that a competent Superman game could not be made yet, we're not technologically there to handle that kind of scale and seamless scope or levels of destruction.

Also better TV shows for children doesn't equate to a more popular character in general. 

Better movies, better games, better TV shows etc. 

Grossed more $$$ in all those avenues as well (Movies, shows, games etc) 

As far as comics... how many issues that Spiderman release? How many reboots and alternate universes? lol

Marvel released more comics per year than DC released for Batman... hence the higher average per year on comics... but per issue Batman sold more. 

I think Sony's first party are forging a strong reputation this gen. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spiderman are more successful than most everyone thought, and I think it's partly due to Sony delivering high quality AAA exclusives one after the other for the past few years. Their efforts are paying off big time, lmao at MS who completely lost track of the game.

32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I think Sony's first party are forging a strong reputation this gen. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spiderman are more successful than most everyone thought, and I think it's partly due to Sony delivering high quality AAA exclusives one after the other for the past few years. Their efforts are paying off big time, lmao at MS who completely lost track of the game.

They started doing that in 2009 after Uncharted 2. It's just snowballed into what it is now, MS was already fucking up after 2009, it only took next-gen for lemmings to admit it.

Just now, Aza Team 2019 said:

They started doing that in 2009 after Uncharted 2. It's just snowballed into what it is now, MS was already fucking up after 2009, it only took next-gen for lemmings to admit it.

It's been almost a decade and Micropenis still hasn't gotten hard on video game development. :tom: They're so lost and have been rejected so many times they likely will never get their shit together again.

17 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

I guess but it was a bigger success this gen with even better games, it helped that they also dominated the console market share this gen. TLOU2 is gonna be fucking huge. 

35 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

Its apparent with the way they SCHEDULE their games out, almost two years in advance.

Like, they have all of their studios and their development cycles well-coordinated. I am absolutely certain that Guerilla is going to try and churn out one more Horizon game before the PS4 gen ends.

Its actually easier to pinpoint the Sony studios that are not within SCE's coordinated planning. Like polyphony digital and Sony Japan.

Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all Sony japanese studios are operating and planning COMPLETELY separate from all other Sony studios.

i'm glad. it's really fucking good. i'm actually surprised. like, i was expecting a fun title....but this has been thrilling as hell! it's by far insomniac's best game (ratchet and crank crack in time being my previous favorite).  i don't usually even like superhero titles. but this one has really held my attention. i'm about 2/3rds in. i look forward to the inevitable sequel. 

I'm not a big Sony first party guy, even though I think TLOU was top 3 games last gen.

But they've come a long long way from their PS1 days. Also if you look at Western PS2 games stuff like God of War, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Ape Escape etc were the pinnacle of Western games on PS2 aside from rare games like GTA.

It's just the PS1-PS2 era was dominated by the Japanese so badly.

Edited by Aza Team 2019