IGN: 79 amazing details in RDR2

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Strange how Forza Horizon was always playable and no one complained about its rock solid performance until another option presented itself.

#bullshitters

Yes, well.. that's how things work.  People settle for things until there's a better option out there.  Nobody is going to say a racing game is better at 30fps than 60fps given the option... you're only saying that it's fine... because YOU have to compromise one to get the other.  lmao

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why am I reading this shit... lol

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yes, well.. that's how things work.  People settle for things until there's a better option out there.  Nobody is going to say a racing game is better at 30fps than 60fps given the option... you're only saying that it's fine... because YOU have to compromise one to get the other.  lmao

If I still had a 1080p TV hooked up I would choose the latter but it really doesn't matter either way, the game is buttery smooth in either instance just as it's always been. 

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Lol your making up stories . Seems to be all you do .  Load times are bad on PC too .

Massive LOD problems on PC lol . The verdict is clear . And the winner , as always ...is X 

The LOD issue happens when you change a setting and then then go back into the demo without restarting.  If you change the settings before starting the demo, the LODs are fine.  The full game doesn't have the issue and is exactly the same as the Xbox version.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If I still had a 1080p TV hooked up I would choose the latter but it really doesn't matter either way, the game is buttery smooth in either instance just as it's always been. 

Yes.. and if there was a 4K option with the same gfx and 60fps on your 4K tv.. you'd choose that without question.. which is the point.  Jeff made it pretty obvious that he prefers 60 for a racing game... and said that he'd sacrifice the resolution for it.

You were basically calling him a bullshitter because it was apparently good enough before that he never complained about it...  Well, in that case... anyone who prefers to play the game on console at 60fps instead of 30 is a bullshitter in your eyes... because it's stupid to play the game at a lower visual fidelity at a higher framerate when 30fps was fine before.

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The funny part is Jeffery has a 1080 but plays on a 1440p monitor at an unlocked framerate LOL

Why's that funny?  He has a monitor that can display 144 frames per second...  You only need to play a game once at that framerate to realize it's hard going back to 60... and damn near impossible to go back to 30. LOLOL

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why's that funny?  He has a monitor that can display 144 frames per second...  You only need to play a game once at that framerate to realize it's hard going back to 60... and damn near impossible to go back to 30. LOLOL

Yet I get along just fine, dramatics.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yet I get along just fine, dramatics.

And yet you're the person parading the fact that you've played PC games at high framerates for years so you're more sensitive to fps issues than others and can tell when things don't feel right....

You get along fine now because your PC hasn't been pushing 100+ fps at 1440p in the latest games for a long time now :D 

Just now, Remij_ said:

And yet you're the person parading the fact that you've played PC games at high framerates for years so you're more sensitive to fps issues than others and can tell when things don't feel right....

You get along fine because your PC hasn't been pushing 100+ fps at 1440p in the latest games for a long time now :D 

This changes nothing I said, drops are a problem, consistent performance is not.

How on Earth did you enjoy Bloodborne? Because the reality is you don't really give a shit, you forget about all of this dumb shit the second you start playing. 

You're showboating. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This changes nothing I said, drops are a problem, consistent performance is not.

How on Earth did you enjoy Bloodborne? Because the reality is you don't really give a shit, you forget about all of this dumb shit the second you start playing. 

You're showboating. 

Yea, drops and inconsistent fps are a problem to people who are sensitive to it...  there are also people who are completely oblivious to them.  There are people who prefer certain framerates regardless and you should try not speaking for them.  How did I enjoy Bloodborne?  Fine.. Because I can deal with it when there's no other option.........  Just because I prefer to game at high fps when possible doesn't mean I'm not able to enjoy games that aren't able to....  Saying I don't give a shit isn't accurate, because I DO care, and if given the choice will always choose better performance.  Lots of people complained about BB's fps.  Dark Souls 3 on PC makes it hard as hell to go back to BB for me.  Jeff made it quite clear that if given the option he'd choose 60fps FH4 over visuals... which in your opinion makes him a bullshitter because he was fine with 30fps on Xbox before...  

One does not mean the other... just because he never complained about it before doesn't mean that he never wished or felt that it would be better at a higher fps.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

That's nice his monitor can do that. Too bad his PC cant, as he states the FPS is well below that.

Idiot.

Are there actually lemcels trying to say that 30fps is acceptable, in the face of having 60fps options?

You know that the Digital Foundry people are going to make estimates about what graphics settings the XBO version will have, and compare it to PC settings.

And if history is any indication, Forza games run at partially high settings for SOME graphical effects, and medium settings for all other graphical effects.

So, we don't even need to boast about higher than 60fps, PC gamers will get 60fps with better overall graphical settings.