Valkyria Chronicles 4 thread

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The first major battle (chapter 4) was pretty overwhelming. I fought tooth and nail finishing with 9 turns left and still only came out of it with a D rating  :ben: I’m gonna have a bunch of gray hairs by the time I finish this game :D

Yeah  this is where difficulty starts to ramp up, fun though

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Yeah  this is where difficulty starts to ramp up, fun though

its very punishing, you make one small mistake and the game will make you pay for it. The squad stories are tough as well, i still haven't figured out how to complete the one where you're limited to just the 3 scouts.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

its very punishing, you make one small mistake and the game will make you pay for it. The squad stories are tough as well, i still haven't figured out how to complete the one where you're limited to just the 3 scouts.

I got their ass asap to the left to hide under the grass and then called reinforcements. They immediately start wrecking your butt with mortar attacks on that map :D

15 hours ago, bhytre said:

I got their ass asap to the left to hide under the grass and then called reinforcements. They immediately start wrecking your butt with mortar attacks on that map :D

Lmao I actually had no idea you could call in reinforcements on that map. That made the battle a lot easier.

But yeah i think the mortar guys and pillboxes are the most annoying enemy units in the game so far. When it comes to the squad stories in general i think im gonna focus on frequently changing up my active units so I can unlock as many as possible.

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao I actually had no idea you could call in reinforcements on that map. That made the battle a lot easier.

But yeah i think the mortar guys and pillboxes are the most annoying enemy units in the game so far. When it comes to the squad stories in general i think im gonna focus on frequently changing up my active units so I can unlock as many as possible.

How do you unlock them? Do you just pair the people where it says "Likes *this character*" ? 

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

How do you unlock them? Do you just pair the people where it says "Likes *this character*" ? 

I think you need to have them in your reserves, and at least one of the characters needs to be deployed in battle. I read that the stories then unlock once you spend 40cp controlling one of those characters. It’s kind of a convoluted system but it does encourage you to change things up and not use the same troops over and over again.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

This game just keeps getting better and better, maps getting bigger as well holy shit this game OWNS :juggle: 

Battle of Siegfall :dame:

Capturing that depot with the moving train :dame::dame:

I also had my first long battle where I ended up losing, brutal mang :dame:

Get this you filthy non-gamers

• Upvote 1