Valkyria Chronicles 4 thread

Release: tomorrow on the 25th

Platforms: Xbox One (welcome home edition) - Switch - PS4 - PC

Genre: SRPG

Image result for valkyria chronicles 4 xbox one

Reviews:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/18/valkyria-chronicles-4-review

"Valkyria Chronicles 4 is the sequel fans of the original have been waiting a full decade for.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is the sequel I’ve been waiting for, returning to the roots of what made the first game so special. It adds a handful of new and interesting mechanics to its tactical battles, nearly all of which improve the formula in tangible ways, but otherwise plays it fairly safe. The story can feel a little bit impersonal and disconnected from the rest of the series, but the way it makes even the smallest characters important and alive is remarkable. It’s great to see the Valkyria Chronicles series back on track, as it’s still one-of-a-kind."

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/valkyria-chronicles-4

Currently sitting at 86 from 29 reviews @ Metacritic

I'll prolly get it by Thursday or Friday from Amazon, can't wait :juggle: 

Edited by bhytre
4 hours ago, bhytre said:

Image result for valkyria chronicles 4 xbox one

This picture is interesting with the "Xbox One X Enhanced" logo front and center on the Xbox case from a Sega advert and makes me wonder why Sony still isn't advertising enhanced games or making an effort to compile and inform their users of what games are and what the features are if any. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This picture is interesting with the "Xbox One X Enhanced" logo front and center on the Xbox case from a Sega advert and makes me wonder why Sony still isn't advertising enhanced games or making an effort to compile and inform their users of what games are and what the features are if any. 

The the PS4 version will outsell the XBox version 7:1 lol. Put teh Pro Enchanced on the BOX IN THE CENTER AND BLOCK THE LOGO.

2 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

The the PS4 version will outsell the XBox version 7:1 lol. Put teh Pro Enchanced on the BOX IN THE CENTER AND BLOCK THE LOGO.

That doesn't matter, why do you think that matters? It's information for the consumer base, it's still asinine that Sony has not built a site like this. The responsibility is left to random people on internet forums, that's retarded.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list

Buying it this week but I'm not too excited to play it.

Funny how I never saw you talk about the original, they're essentially the same game. Except VC1 was a lot more impressive 10 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Buying it this week but I'm not too excited to play it.

Funny how I never saw you talk about the original, they're essentially the same game. Except VC1 was a lot more impressive 10 years ago.

I remember talking about it with Pancake on Xfire or Steam when he was playing the first one back then, was telling me about some scene where there was someone giving birth inside a tank and that put me off from getting it :laff: Plus it was on PS3rd, which I rarely played outside of Demon's Souls. Awful system.

I loved the demo of 4 though, welcome home Valkyria :glad: 

5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I remember talking about it with Pancake on Xfire or Steam when he was playing the first one back then, was telling me about some scene where there was someone giving birth inside a tank and that put me off from getting it :laff: Plus it was on PS3rd, which I rarely played outside of Demon's Souls. Awful system.

I loved the demo of 4 though, welcome home Valkyria :glad: 

You missed out on a great game. That's what you get for listening to Aza.

Game get, it's here :dame:

Installing now, gonna play it all night don't stop me :dame:

Will continue from where I left off from the demo, this feature is great sell your games like this, do it :dame:

Tomorrow Forza Horizon 4, all these games I can't keep up :dame:

Got my Gamepass set up, got my XBL set up, ready to roll the cows have no soul the sheep trail behind their stinky butthole:dame:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 best on Xbox One X, the most powerful console ever made :dame:

Das it mane :dame:

3 hours ago, bhytre said:

Game get, it's here :dame:

Installing now, gonna play it all night don't stop me :dame:

Will continue from where I left off from the demo, this feature is great sell your games like this, do it :dame:

Tomorrow Forza Horizon 4, all these games I can't keep up :dame:

Got my Gamepass set up, got my XBL set up, ready to roll the cows have no soul the sheep trail behind their stinky butthole:dame:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 best on Xbox One X, the most powerful console ever made :dame:

Das it mane :dame:

:|

• NPC 1
6 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I'm sorry I'm playing your other JRPG Sega. That came out a month ago. Shining Resosance Refrain, you really think we can play ALL and DQXI that's 50+ hours long?

Implying you don't have time to play everything, come on:trump2:

On 2018-09-24 at 9:20 AM, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Better version of the game or better selling version of the game . Fucking sheep :D

They should consider doing demo's like Valkyria's more often. Just offer the full game experience from the beginning for a few chapters, if you're confident in your product people will buy it and continue where they left off. 

I'm glad I could just get into it without re-doing everything, this game OWNS and it's pissing off SJWs atm as a bonus :juggle:

• Upvote 1

Gotta say I disliked the characters in the demo for their anime weeaboo save-the-world style but they quickly grow on you as the story unfolds and their banter through cutscenes and sub-stories, it's also pretty funny sometimes. 

Load and save times are really quick one the X one X as well. Gameplay remains fun, difficulty is also starting to ramp up from chapter 4,  mortars wreck shit on both sides :dame:

Only thing I would critize is that there isn't that much music variation so far. I'm having a blast though :juggle: