Astro Bot: Rescue Mission now AAA at MC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moss proved to me that 3d platformers would be perfect for VR.  Hellblade proved to me that action games could be amazing in VR. Lone Echo proved to me that story driven character games coul

Maybe if it drops to the 5.0 range it can become jonb's GOTY 

Just now, lynux3 said:

You're right. It's AAAE. :aitch:

Its not even a PS4 exclusive :D 

Will DROP to AA very soon. Look at some of the sites on MC. JOKES :D

YOU ARE A JOKE TOO LINUS LOL

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

the game is 5 hours long lmfao

Really? Disappointing news, all these VR games struggle to pass the 6-hour mark :D

Here I was thinking Astropot was finally another game that could sit next to RE7 :laff:

Just now, bhytre said:

Really? Disappointing news, all these VR games struggle to pass the 6-hour mark :D

Here I was thinking Astropot was finally another game that could sit next to RE7 :laff:

nope.

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

What do you mean? Astro Bot Rescue Mission was developed by Japan Studio (Asobi Team) and published by SIE. :juggle:

It could drop to AA again, who knows. I'm still buying it. B)

Most of the ppl complaining about the lack of length in VR games are non VR players. I personally don't want some long af VR game. That isn't what's it for imo. I will never play Skyrim, FO or anything like that in VR. Give me cheaper, shorter games with replay value and I'm good. Everyone acting like these are full priced 5 hour games.

Just now, lynux3 said:

What do you mean? Astro Bot Rescue Mission was developed by Japan Studio (Asobi Team) and published by SIE. :juggle:

It could drop to AA again, who knows. I'm still buying it. B)

Its not a PS4 exclusive. Idiot. LMFAO

Just now, madmaltese said:

Most of the ppl complaining about the lack of length in VR games are non VR players. I personally don't want some long af VR game. That isn't what's it for imo. I will never play Skyrim, FO or anything like that in VR. Give me cheaper, shorter games with replay value and I'm good. Everyone acting like these are full priced 5 hour games.

It needs both and could use both. I occasionally want something like RE7 and not just short minigame junk with no depth

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

It needs both and could use both. I occasionally want something like RE7 and not just short minigame junk with no depth

RE7 was the perfect game though, so hard to replicate. That first person perspective lead so well for VR and the entire horror element of everything being so up close and personal was perfect. Unfortunately for the budget and production value of something of that caliber it isn't feasible to make a VR exclusive and multiformat (VR and 2D) games don't lend themselves as well to VR as RE7. 

The 5 hour time being quoted on Astro bot is just to play through the levels. It is a platformer so there is plenty to go back and collect and 100%. Most 2d mario games can be flown through in 5-6 hours if it's just about level completion.  

Outside of Astro Bot though Firewall has been getting incredibly good feedback and is a fully fleshed out MP game (likened to Siege). 

35 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

It's a Sony Japan in-house game. It is exclusive.

And stop crying about this game. You're embarrassing. Even with a high AA this is still a great success.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's a Sony Japan in-house game. It is exclusive.

And stop crying about this game. You're embarrassing. Even with a high AA this is still a great success.

It's a psvr exclusive.  Damn you guys are fucking dumb :D

28 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

RE7 was the perfect game though, so hard to replicate. That first person perspective lead so well for VR and the entire horror element of everything being so up close and personal was perfect. Unfortunately for the budget and production value of something of that caliber it isn't feasible to make a VR exclusive and multiformat (VR and 2D) games don't lend themselves as well to VR as RE7. 

The 5 hour time being quoted on Astro bot is just to play through the levels. It is a platformer so there is plenty to go back and collect and 100%. Most 2d mario games can be flown through in 5-6 hours if it's just about level completion.  

Outside of Astro Bot though Firewall has been getting incredibly good feedback and is a fully fleshed out MP game (likened to Siege). 

For me I don't really care so much about the length of a game. If I have a blast for a few hours and it cost me like $20 or less, then whatever. A lot of arcade style games are also fun to replay, reminds me of the old days of the Dreamcast. Sure you beat House of the Dead 2 in an afternoon but it was fun and you would come back to it every now and then. Same thing apply to something like Until Dawn Rush of Blood, SUPERHOT VR or Blasters of the Universe.

But there's tons of good stuff that will last you a long time if you wish it. You just need to dig past a few (great games) lol

Wipeout Omega Collection (3 full game with single player campaigns and online)

SEGA Genesis Classics (just about every SEGA Genesis games ever made in one package)

TESV: Skyrim VR (no explanation needed)

To The Top (tons of levels, collectible to finds, unlockables, online coop)

Sprint Vector (decent length campaign, lots of tracks, online play, challenge mode)

Ultrawings (lots of mini challenge courses to master, unlockable requires cash)

Firewall Zero Hour/Farpoint (online multiplayer)

etc.

• Upvote 1

SoT is a fine game.  I played a fair share of the alphas and betas so I was a bit wore out on it by the time it actually released.  I'll get back to it eventually... but other games came along and there's tons of stuff to play so... it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

How are you laughing? You were gonna take a perm ban on this outscoring Sea of Thieves :D 

you havent heard? jon’s resorted to full-on BDG bait/spam mentality.

whoever posts the most, wins! :tom: 

19 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

It's a psvr exclusive.  Damn you guys are fucking dumb :D

You're fucking retarded. Astro Bot only runs on a PS4, dumbo. (PSVR sold separately):fatcruise: