Forza Horizon 4 launch reaches #3 on the EMEAA charts ending Sept 30th

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-05-fifa-scores-at-launch-on-top-of-emeaa-charts

FIFA 19 took #1 and Spider-man held #2.

This is really impressive.. considering that the only version of FH4 that was counted for sale at this time is the $100 Ultimate Edition.  That bodes really well for the standard and deluxe releases.  Also of note is that this doesn't include UK or Ireland sales, which is the strongest Xbox market in Europe.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Is the Ultimate Edition even at physical sale, I mean i know it is but is it there upon preview release because I've never seen them to be in any store. 

I'm not 100% sure.. but those numbers are physical + digital.. whichever the case may be.

3 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Yeah but Fifa is still somehow No.1 even with annual releases. I dont get why the fatigue doesnt set in

Probably because soccer is the most widely followed sport on Earth by an insane margin. It's largely the reason the PlayStation 2 kept selling beyond 100 million units, they kept producing soccer games for it targeting the third world well beyond its end of life. The last game made for the original PlayStation was Fifa 2005, think about that. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
11 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Defensive much? Lol 

Cut him some slack GD, Lemmings are used to coming in 4th place for so long, that a bronze medal - at the right angle; is in effect a flash bang; it causes severe disorientation.

Yea I agree with Aza.  It's surprising how people can essentially play, what looks like to us the same game year after year.  It does make me wonder sometimes... but even just the roster updates and various tweaks are enough for the diehards.  Dynamite made a good point though that these games continue to sell in third world countries well after these games.. and the systems they're played on, come and go here.