UFC 229 - McGregor Vs Khabib

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Those guys that attacked conner could go to jail . Idiots . 

Has anything been said officially about 5his ?

Nothing will come of this really for the fighters honestly. It’s just publicity for a rematch.

49 minutes ago, Vini said:

Huge respect for this guy TBH

Respect for what exactly? After seeing the aftermath of the event and then that press conference he seems completely delusional.

Why don't they talk about all the shit McGregor says/does?

As a non-fan, all I hear about the UFC is what a piece of shit McGregor is.

There's probably a point in that that shit gets talked about when it happens, but people don't care after the fact and McGregor still has fans despite being a shitty dude. Like if anything he seems to get rewarded for his antics because he's a household name as a result of his shitty behavior without any of the penalties that should go along with them.

Khabib doesn't get to complain about that immediately after his shitty action happened, though, because nobody is going to care after the fact about this either and he's still going to have fans as well. Not to mention this is going to make him a household name for some shitty behavior as well.

This is a respect sport

First off, lol. I think he's going to run into some resistance in his pursuit of changing the UFC to a non-trash talking sport.

Secondly, mother fucker jumps out of the ring and starts beating up a dude then wants to talk about bringing respect back to the sport? :D

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Respect for what exactly? After seeing the aftermath of the event and then that press conference he seems completely delusional.

Respect for speaking the truth and defending his honor and his family's honor. Yea he went too far but not as bad as what McGregor did with that bus. 

He's also spot on the level is disrespect in MMA is unnecessary theyre supposed to be laid back martial artists not coked out hype men

Edited by Vini

I read a twitter post that had a transcript of the things Conor was saying. It was some outright Islamaphobic stuff. And the UFC shouldn't have tolerated McGregor at all, but they've been letting him act like this for years.

Khabib fucks himself up because he's committed outright assault. But nobody deserves money here. Khabib, McGregor, and especially the UFC.

I really don't hope people don't reward these three parties by buying their inevitable rematch that they will want to hype up.

What an event lol Was hella fun watching it in a packed pub live. Majority were Khabib fans. 

The fight went exactly as I expected. I have zero desire to see a rematch. Throw in Ferguson or an actual dream match up against Nate Diaz. You can't put him against anyone who has zero wrestling skills or poses zero threat on the ground. 

Regarding the post fight incident, Khabib is a fucking moron. He literally just destroyed his entire moment and everything he accomplished. No one is talking about him beating Conor. He someone manhandled Conor for the entirety of the fight, made him tap and still somehow made Conor come out looking the bigger man. Fool. 

Everyone saying crap about 'talk shit get hit' or he talked about religion, family, etc, it's all irrelevant. They literally just fought. He got to beat him the fuck up for everything. It was done. You then rub it in even more by having your hand raised, having him humiliated next to you, having a live interview with the world watching, having the belt put around you and he threw it all away to fly kick Conor's training partner. Dumb dumb dumb. 

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I read a twitter post that had a transcript of the things Conor was saying. It was some outright Islamaphobic stuff. And the UFC shouldn't have tolerated McGregor at all, but they've been letting him act like this for years.

Khabib fucks himself up because he's committed outright assault. But nobody deserves money here. Khabib, McGregor, and especially the UFC.

I really don't hope people don't reward these three parties by buying their inevitable rematch that they will want to hype up.

Conor didn’t say anything Islamophobic. He did insult his father though, calling him a coward for sucking up to the Chechen dictator Kadyrov. Which is fair. Kadyrov is the guy accused of slaughtering all gays in his country

40 minutes ago, Vini said:

Respect for speaking the truth and defending his honor and his family's honor. Yea he went too far but not as bad as what McGregor did with that bus. 

He's also spot on the level is disrespect in MMA is unnecessary theyre supposed to be laid back martial artists not coked out hype men

Bro, he nows goes into the list of literally only a handful of fighters who have showed zero respect in victory (let alone defeat). I've been watching mma for over a decade and this wouldn't even classify in the top 20 'grudge' type matches. I've seen fights with 2 people who actually both truly hate each other and there is always respect after a fight because it is a fight! You get to dish it all out then and there, everything the other person said or did, that is literally where you defend your honor. He made himself look like a top tier ass and as someone who spoke so much about respect prior and was always the 'calm, cool and collected' character and pretended that conor didn't get to him ,he absolutely lost it and threw everything away for a guy that is basically a wwe heel actor. 

He got played hard. 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Bro, he nows goes into the list of literally only a handful of fighters who have showed zero respect in victory (let alone defeat). I've been watching mma for over a decade and this wouldn't even classify in the top 20 'grudge' type matches. I've seen fights with 2 people who actually both truly hate each other and there is always respect after a fight because it is a fight! You get to dish it all out then and there, everything the other person said or did, that is literally where you defend your honor. He made himself look like a top tier ass and as someone who spoke so much about respect prior and was always the 'calm, cool and collected' character and pretended that conor didn't get to him ,he absolutely lost it and threw everything away for a guy that is basically a wwe heel actor. 

He got played hard. 

Conor has always shown a lot of respect for opponents after both wins and losses. If he was 100% a dick all of the time I wouldn’t like him but you know it’s part of an act when he shows his respect after a fight

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Voidler said:

Conor didn’t say anything Islamophobic. He did insult his father though, calling him a coward for sucking up to the Chechen dictator Kadyrov. Which is fair. Kadyrov is the guy accused of slaughtering all gays in his country

No it isn't fair. Is his father supposed to be some kind of martyr and get slaughtered by his own dictator? Pre fight press conferences are no place to bring this sort of shit up especially without understanding the context properly. 

Regardless McTapper got fucking dismantled in this fight, it was a complete domination by Khabib. He got exposed for the all talk gassed out snake oil salesman he is. Back to boxing senior citizens and peddling shitty whiskey.

Edited by Vini
4 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Even Khabib's dad says there is no excuse for his actions so I guess all the khabib defenders are calling his dad wrong now also :lupe:

Anyone who thinks that Khabib's actions didn't disgrace his father's honour more than Conor's words knows little about fatherhood. 

Edited by madmaltese