Astro Bot is surprisingly charming and an excellent game

I'm really enjoying my time with it, if you have PSVR this game is a must have. It's no Super Mario 64 like some have said but it's a quality game with some quirky mechanics, a great art style and a neat soundtrack.

8.5/10 would recommend. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Like 1

Gonna revise my score, this game is a 9/10 as far as I've progressed. I'm enjoying this more than Super Mario Oddesey and frankly that game is overrated.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

New Forza comes out and this clown is playing PSVR.

tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

I played Forza for 4 hours last night, welcome to the concept of options; something you clearly don't have.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I played Forza for 4 hours last night, welcome to the concept of options; something you clearly don't have.

This coming from the faction whose only AAA this year is Forza, and whose last AAA was also Forza.

tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Does anyone else have this? I feel like I'm the only one..  :lupe:

Ramza and I have it. There's a little bit of talk in the what are you playing thread. I'm going to play for a few more hours tonight.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

My girlfriend took over and I can't tear it away from her lol

It's amazing. I'm going to get Moss after this. I know there's Star Child coming soon too which has the same 3rd person type play. I hope this catches on because it's so good.

Just now, Ike said:

It's amazing. I'm going to get Moss after this. I know there's Star Child coming soon too which has the same 3rd person type play. I hope this catches on because it's so good.

I've been waiting for Moss to go on sale and it still hasn't, this game to me was worth full price but for Moss I'm not so convinced. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I've been waiting for Moss to go on sale and it still hasn't, this game to me was worth full price but for Moss I'm not so convinced. 

Yeah, $20 seems like the right price for that game. I also just got Super Mario Party and might not have my girlfriend much longer lol

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Moss is an excellent example of 3rd person VR platforming.. and I'll support it all day long.  However, as good as it is, you're right to be cautious about the price.  It IS a short game, and really abruptly ends just as is really gets going.  So I say wait until the 2nd book comes out (or unless you can find a good sale price now) and then play both book 1 and 2 together.

Also, in a post Astro bot world... I know they are different kinds of games with different focuses, but Moss (Book 1) for you might not seem as shiny as AB.  That's kind of a sad reality about VR games atm is that, sure there's awesome games that come out and do awesome stuff... but one game can come out and be "the full package" so to speak, and kinda makes that other stuff less special than it was to someone who played it before.

I'm anxious to try Astro bot though.  It seems to me that Playstation has a perfect VR mascot secured, and there will be more to look forward to in the near future.

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Moss is an excellent example of 3rd person VR platforming.. and I'll support it all day long.  However, as good as it is, you're right to be cautious about the price.  It IS a short game, and really abruptly ends just as is really gets going.  So I say wait until the 2nd book comes out (or unless you can find a good sale price now) and then play both book 1 and 2 together.

Also, in a post Astro bot world... I know they are different kinds of games with different focuses, but Moss (Book 1) for you might not seem as shiny as AB.  That's kind of a sad reality about VR games atm is that, sure there's awesome games that come out and do awesome stuff... but one game can come out and be "the full package" so to speak, and kinda makes that other stuff less special than it was to someone who played it before.

I'm anxious to try Astro bot though.  It seems to me that Playstation has a perfect VR mascot secured, and there will be more to look forward to in the near future.

It's the best game I've played this year, that's not to detract from anything else but this game has captivated me like few titles do. 

I would buy PSVR to play this, it's that good. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's the best game I've played this year, that's not to detract from anything else but this game has captivated me like few titles do. 

Best game period, or did you mean VR game?

I could believe both :smoke: