MS announces its streaming service for public beta 2019 - Xcloud, MS officially 3rd party!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my hot new Xbox console, baby!  

You're hoping for way too much and reading those lines literally, it's like "Play Anywhere". You're not actually able to play anywhere..   This will never be on PlayStation or Nintendo anyth

When they say "any device" they actually mean "any open platform"...  Acting as if MS can just throw an app on PS4/5 or Switch/Switch2 and Sony and Nintendo are going to just let that happen... lol no

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

it has to do with thw value of the service. 

better content = more valuable for consumers. 

If I didn't say anything.. you guys would have turned this shit into list wars and linkedin job postings.

You were not arguing about whether those games would come and be of value to the service... you were arguing about whether MS has the ability to turn things around.  Don't bullshit me.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That moment when threatening moderation for going off topic is what actually drags the thread off topic

:hest:

He's just upset that Xbox is dead. Let him grieve.

real talk, i love that i will be able to play console games on the go, even on my phone.  

that video demo was awesome - seeing forza on a damn phone hooked up to a controller. 

i really hope nintendo and msoft can join forces. forza and mario on the same console = epic. 

Here's the thing, they said that they took the Xbox hardware and put it in a serve blade farm.

So.............if that's the hardware they are developing their 54 data centers with...........then that's the hardware moving forward, and they're not going to update that anytime soon.

it would explain them announcing this and trying to get this up and running quickly.  They may need to introduce a separate tier for next-gen games in 2021, because they need to build servers with newer hardware.

OR they're going to keep their first-party games at this hardware spec for quite a while.

EDIT: By the way, if you look at that video, they definitely appear to show Xbox One S consoles in their demonstration about how they are taking the hardware and putting it into server blades. It would not surprise me if this streaming was based on Xbox One S specs, and simply not deliver more than 720p streaming.

Edited by jehurey
54 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Dynamitecop has been arguing that Switch isnt the "real" console competition for 2 years at the NPD, but all of a sudden it is when it comes to MS's streaming service. lmao.

That U turn he made was glorious.. lol

Just now, TLHBO said:

Just because you predicted a death doesn't mean you weren't afraid of it :reg:

That makes no sense.  MS games are already on my platform of choice.  Xbox as a console could die in a river and I wouldn't give a flying fuck :D