The system war is now officially a two console race

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, I think that is what prompted this quick video.

I mean why would they announce this and say that they will do a beta sometime in 2019? Doesn't seem very logical, especially one week after Forza released.

Google announced their streaming service, and then immediately started showing it off by having a limited trial of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. And nVidia has recently been talking about their streaming service.

It's good that Google is forcing their hand, they'll be desperate to shove this on every device possible. I'm actually sure they are competing directly with Google Stream to get access to Switch's hardwre userbase. I think Nintendo will cooperate with only one of them, and MS NEEDS to win the Switch bid.

We know MS has been going behind the scenes trying to sell this XBox Stream service to every hardware holder out there. Losing Switch to Google would be a huge blow to them.

Edited by Beta Bux Romeo
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh he won't answer . 

Awww slow Johnny is mad.... he may rage quit the board again in tears  

The funny thing is, is that this a perfect example of how the central banks produced guns for both sides of the war in WWII. Microsoft owns all sides of the system wars. They don't intend on losing.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, I think that is what prompted this quick video.

I mean why would they announce this and say that they will do a beta sometime in 2019? Doesn't seem very logical, especially one week after Forza released.

Google announced their streaming service, and then immediately started showing it off by having a limited trial of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. And nVidia has recently been talking about their streaming service.

Google is a market disrupter and usually comes in with a much more consumer friendly priced device or they come in and make it free. 

They totally disrupted.

Browsers. 

Smartphones. 

GPS mapping industry. 

Search. 

AI

etc

Microsoft can't afford to have Google come in and establish a competent, fairly priced Videogame streaming service before MS can get their foot in the door. 

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Google is a market disrupter and usually comes in with a much more consumer friendly priced device or they come in and make it free. 

They totally disrupted.

Browsers. 

Smartphones. 

GPS mapping industry. 

Search. 

AI

etc

Microsoft can't afford to have Google come in and establish a competent, fairly priced Videogame streaming service before MS can get their foot in the door. 

This.  The reality is that Google's entry into this space is far more dangerous to Microsoft than Sony and Nintendo combined.  I fully expect Nintendo will be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the streaming future.  I don't know when that will go down, but it certainly feels inevitable.

In the not-too-distant future, videogame streaming services will be the future system wars, much like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix are now.  I can't help but believe that Nintendo will still offer controller hardware, though.

8 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

This.  The reality is that Google's entry into this space is far more dangerous to Microsoft than Sony and Nintendo combined.  I fully expect Nintendo will be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the streaming future.  I don't know when that will go down, but it certainly feels inevitable.

In the not-too-distant future, videogame streaming services will be the future system wars, much like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix are now.  I can't help but believe that Nintendo will still offer controller hardware, though.

Sony and Nintendo hardware isn't going anywhere. It's like all those circa 2010 predictions where all hardware will die and everyone will play on mobiles. Yet we're here in 2018 and have a dedicated portable with freaking physical cartridges, 8 years after all the apocalyptic predictions. Even the 3DS is somehow chugging along.

18 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Sony and Nintendo hardware isn't going anywhere. It's like all those circa 2010 predictions where all hardware will die and everyone will play on mobiles. Yet we're here in 2018 and have a dedicated portable with freaking physical cartridges, 8 years after all the apocalyptic predictions. Even the 3DS is somehow chugging along.

If you could stream from the internet to your TV and have the experience be exactly the same, why would you buy hardware?

I trust Google even more than Microsoft in this space because Google will just create servers with real PC hardware.

Microsoft's promo video literally says that they are taking Xbox One mainboards and putting them in a server blade, and if you look at the video, they showed images of Xbox One S consoles, and not the X.

If Google says "we'll just be using AMD/Intel CPUs and nVidia/AMD relatively high-end GPUs in our servers" then I know which service is going to attract more gamers.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I trust Google even more than Microsoft in this space because Google will just create servers with real PC hardware.

Microsoft's promo video literally says that they are taking Xbox One mainboards and putting them in a server blade, and if you look at the video, they showed images of Xbox One S consoles, and not the X.

If Google says "we'll just be using AMD/Intel CPUs and nVidia/AMD relatively high-end GPUs in our servers" then I know which service is going to attract more gamers.

I personally suspect it's all just PR bullshit, the server blades are designed with Scarlett games in mind.

Meaning they are probably specced to a fraction, say 1/2 of the actual future Scarlett box and specced in mind that they will run the game at say 1/2 the resolution or the Scarlett or whatever. Wouldn't even be surprised if games are actually developed for the hardware blade specs and then upscaled to the next Scarlett. No one is shoving the S into server blades, that'd be useless trash within 3 years.

1 minute ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I personally suspect it's all just PR bullshit, the server blades are designed with Scarlett games in mind.

Meaning they are probably specced to a fraction, say 1/2 of the actual future Scarlett box and specced in mind that they will run the game at say 1/2 the resolution or the Scarlett or whatever. Wouldn't even be surprised if games are actually developed for the hardware blade specs and then upscaled to the next Scarlett. No one is shoving the S into server blades, that'd be useless trash within 3 years.

I think initially they are using modified XO S boards to do testing and slowly roll the service out.  If the service becomes successful... they will absolutely transition to high powered PC server clusters which can also be used for other things.  This is really just a stop gap and they are using their surplus S hardware to fill the gap.  

As you said.. their plans aren't XO games only... this is the future of Xbox... these things will be completely dated trash in 2-3 years...  Those clusters will be swapped out with high performing PC parts which will likely each power multiple instances of game streaming.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I think initially they are using modified XO S boards to do testing and slowly roll the service out.  If the service becomes successful... they will absolutely transition to high powered PC server clusters which can also be used for other things.  This is really just a stop gap and they are using their surplus S hardware to fill the gap.  

As you said.. their plans aren't XO games only... this is the future of Xbox... these things will be completely dated trash in 2-3 years...  Those clusters will be swapped out with high performing PC parts which will likely each power multiple instances of game streaming.

i'm sure they have tons of them :D