How do you deal with back pain?

I've always had a bad back but when I injured it probably not lifting correctly at work, I used to take cough medicine with dxm to deal with it. It numbs you by distracting your mind from the pain. Acts on opiate receptors etc etc. Oversimplification but you get the point. Aleve and all the other OTC pain relief stuff didnt work and I'm sure you've heard opiate painkiller horror stories so thats a path I didn't want to seek. Not like I could afford it either.

My issue now is a pinched nerve I think. Got worse when I had to work online. Look up stretches on youtube.

1 hour ago, roflpwnedz said:

I've always had a bad back but when I injured it probably not lifting correctly at work, I used to take cough medicine with dxm to deal with it. It numbs you by distracting your mind from the pain. Acts on opiate receptors etc etc. Oversimplification but you get the point. Aleve and all the other OTC pain relief stuff didnt work and I'm sure you've heard opiate painkiller horror stories so thats a path I didn't want to seek. Not like I could afford it either.

My issue now is a pinched nerve I think. Got worse when I had to work online. Look up stretches on youtube.

you should really look into strengthening your posterior chain.  

I fucked my back up years ago . Slipped disc it's never been the same . Having your back go out is the most terrible pain I've ever felt in my life . I had to do PT for 3 months .

I go thru phases with back issues and honestly the only shit that helps is stretching ( look on YouTube )and pushing yourself . The thing that works the least for me when I've having pain in resting . Power they that shit in a reasonable manner . Don't think you can do the shit you could do when you were 18 . Lift things properly , steady your posture and move around a lot .

11 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Also the fact that your willing to drop a G on a chair means you sit your ass in a chair too much .

obviosuly as im an animator, its all done on a drawing tablet. These chairs got really good reviews from other artists, look up HAG capisco on youtube.

I have this weird little thing where my tailbone sticks out slightly more than normal, and it sometimes results in lower back pain when I lay on my back. Its been barely noticeable ever since I started taking parkour classes. So my main suggestion would be to exercise more (and stretch). 

This video I came across recently might help you too

Edited by Twinblade