Another week another insane SJW Gaming Article - This Time It's Lovecraft

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it depends on the intentions of the author.  Judging Mark Twain for his use of the N-word is silly because his intention was clearly to tell a story about the evils of slavery.  There is no deba

"Yeah but other than all that racist shit he wrote, where is the racist shit he wrote?" - The Post.

LMAO if you can't see it in his writings it's because of willfull ignorance.  Ain't nobody here challenging his legacy.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  Sorry that hurts your feelings.  

4 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Who cares if he wrote racist shit a 90 years ago when every human on the planet was a racist dumbfuck? The games made based on his ideas are not racist and that should be the point. 

We don't need to keep throwing the baby out with the bathwater 

a·nach·ro·nism
əˈnakrəˌnizəm/
noun
  1. a thing belonging or appropriate to a period other than that in which it exists, especially a thing that is conspicuously old-fashioned.

That's what I've been saying...?  Saucer's the one concerned about anyone calling Lovecraft racist, not me.

9 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

That's what I've been saying...?  Saucer's the one concerned about anyone calling Lovecraft racist, not me.

You said his stories are filled with racism. That anyone who reads them knows he's "racist as fuck." They're not. You were talking out of your ass again. 

30 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You said his stories are filled with racism. That anyone who reads them knows he's "racist as fuck." They're not. You were talking out of your ass again. 

LMAO if you can't see it in his writings it's because of willfull ignorance.  Ain't nobody here challenging his legacy.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  Sorry that hurts your feelings. :shrug:

25 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I dont know what happened to Michael but he's literally gone full retard mode in social and political issues lately.

Speaking of buthurt.  Now are you mad because I Lovecraft wrote a bunch of racist shit, or are you mad that I told you that he wrote a bunch of racist shit?  Sounds like you're more offended at being called racist than actually being racist. :cruise: 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

LMAO if you can't see it in his writings it's because of willfull ignorance.  Ain't nobody here challenging his legacy.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  Sorry that hurts your feelings. :shrug:

You haven't even able to cite one example of his short stories being racist beside the example I gave, much less that they're so filled with racism that "anyone" who reads them knows they're "racist as fuck."

Go on, Cliff Claven, cite them.

Edited by Saucer
12 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Racist lol, wasn't the US constitution drawn up by slave owners? Burn the fucking thing.

The NYTimes was calling for that earlier this week. Their editorial board writer Charles Blow said the Constitution was designed by evil white men to enforce white supremacy and be anti-democratic. 

10 minutes ago, Saucer said:

The NYTimes was calling for that earlier this week. Their editorial board writer Charles Blow said the Constitution was designed by evil white men to enforce white supremacy and be anti-democratic. 

I agree. Burn the funding document of a country, and ask Buzzfeed to write a new one out toilet paper.

4 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I agree. Burn the funding document of a country, and ask Buzzfeed to write a new one out toilet paper.

Thank God I have dual German citizenship so I can bail if the crazy train goes completely off the rails.

It's realistic scenarios like Dems taking back both houses of the legislature, packing the Supreme Court, and mass riots starting, that I worry about.  (And I'm sympathetic to a lot of the left's arguments that the right is the one who started with the needless escalation.) I don't know if I want to stick around for that when I could be hanging out in Vienna instead. Life is short. 

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

It's realistic scenarios like Dems taking back both houses of the legislature, packing the Supreme Court, and mass riots starting, that I worry about.  (And I'm sympathetic to a lot of the left's arguments that the right is the one who started with the needless escalation.) I don't know if I want to stick around for that when I could be hanging out in Vienna instead. Life is short. 

What insane fuck wants to spill blood over some idiotic ideological debate that in reality leads nowhere and has almost no impact in fucking real life.

9 hours ago, Saucer said:

You haven't even able to cite one example of his short stories being racist beside the example I gave, much less that they're so filled with racism that "anyone" who reads them knows they're "racist as fuck."

Go on, Cliff Claven, cite them.

You are really angry that the dude was racist, aren't you? :drake: 

7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

You would have been a racist fuck in the 1920s too. 

Probably.  But Lovecraft wasn't just racist for his time.  He was exceptionally racist for his time.  Check these out:

https://books.google.com/books?id=9bvky2rFTZMC&lpg=PA109&dq=lovecraft anti-semitism racism letters&pg=PA109#v=onepage&q&f=false

That's photocopies of his own wife calling him out for being too racist.  Here's another where Sonia reminds him that she's one of the ones he hates, and he gives her the good ole "you're one of the good ones" responses:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Wk5ixOCy4eMC&lpg=PA222&dq="no longer belonged to these mongrels"&pg=PA222#v=onepage&q&f=false

Cook, you gotta understand, I fuckin' love Lovecraft.  His contributions to horror are second to none.  The only person that I think comes close is Stephen King, and King got all his ideas from Lovecraft anyway.  Pennywise is a love letter to Lovecraft.   But dude was racist.  Dunno why that gets everyone's knickers in a twist.

37 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Probably.  But Lovecraft wasn't just racist for his time.  He was exceptionally racist for his time.  Check these out:

https://books.google.com/books?id=9bvky2rFTZMC&lpg=PA109&dq=lovecraft anti-semitism racism letters&pg=PA109#v=onepage&q&f=false

That's photocopies of his own wife calling him out for being too racist.  Here's another where Sonia reminds him that she's one of the ones he hates, and he gives her the good ole "you're one of the good ones" responses:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Wk5ixOCy4eMC&lpg=PA222&dq="no longer belonged to these mongrels"&pg=PA222#v=onepage&q&f=false

Cook, you gotta understand, I fuckin' love Lovecraft.  His contributions to horror are second to none.  The only person that I think comes close is Stephen King, and King got all his ideas from Lovecraft anyway.  Pennywise is a love letter to Lovecraft.   But dude was racist.  Dunno why that gets everyone's knickers in a twist.

dude you are one step away from going full retard. stephen king obviously didn't get all his ideas from lovecraft. asshole.

28 minutes ago, kaz said:

dude you are one step away from going full retard. stephen king obviously didn't get all his ideas from lovecraft. asshole.

Not all, but lovecraft is a major influence of the dark tower series.