Another week another insane SJW Gaming Article - This Time It's Lovecraft

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it depends on the intentions of the author.  Judging Mark Twain for his use of the N-word is silly because his intention was clearly to tell a story about the evils of slavery.  There is no deba

"Yeah but other than all that racist shit he wrote, where is the racist shit he wrote?" - The Post.

LMAO if you can't see it in his writings it's because of willfull ignorance.  Ain't nobody here challenging his legacy.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  Sorry that hurts your feelings.  

On 2018-10-11 at 5:01 PM, McWickedSmawt85 said:

You are really angry that the dude was racist, aren't you? :drake: 

Entertained that like most blowhards, you're too insecure to admit you were talking out your ass again. He was racist, his short stories almost never were outside of Red Hook, yet you claimed his stories were so filled with racism that anyone who reads them knows he's "racist as fuck."

You're a ridiculous person. 

On 2018-10-11 at 5:22 PM, McWickedSmawt85 said:

King got all his ideas from Lovecraft anyway.

A truly ridiculous person. 

His big books like Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, The Dead Zone, Cujo, Christine, Pet Cemetery, Misery, The Green Mile are Lovecraftian?  LOL!

17 hours ago, Boss said:

King = Lovecraft ?

:mj:

Maybe time for you give them books a re-read lmao.

If you can't see the influence of Lovecraft in King's depiction of a cosmic space turtle reaching across wheres and whens to influence the actions of mortals, then I don't know what to tell ya, chief.

Just now, Boss said:

Never read dark tower. One book.

That explains it.  The Prim is full of eldtrich creatures, and the Dark Tower is the spine of all of King's writings.  If you want the most blatant example, then read IT.  Pennywise basically is a love letter to Lovecraft.