Eurogamer: Google and Xbox just started the next platform war And this one will be different.

Just now, Goukosan said:

More Boxes sold = more software sold are you that dense? 

Of course they cared about userbase... userbase of XB1s drives software sales, XBL subs, Gamepass subs etc. 

Aza is right.... Lemmings have gone full on delusional.

Ok you really are dumb . They are taking away the limitation of the box .

The box will be right there for people who want it . 

You're stupid .  So ...so dumb 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because PSNOW will probably be absolutely secondary to hardware even if they have a stream box. PSnow will never have the infrastructure because setting all this shit costs tens of billions, and due t

Psnow was just a cheap way to do BC. Google and MS are investing lots of money and resources to deliver a near-flawless experience. 

Just now, Jon2B said:

Ok you really are dumb . They are taking away the limitation of the box .

The box will be right there for people who want it . 

You're stupid .  So ...so dumb 

I was addressing your statement that they NEVER CARED ABOUT THE BOX.  Of course they cared about hardware sales.. because it drove everything. 

and because their hardware sales are trash, they are moving beyond the limitations of their lackluster Hardware sales to stream to any device.  Effectively going 3rd party. 

This upcoming gen will most likely be the last gen of Xbox hardware. 

:blessed:

This upcoming gen will most likely be the last gen for all hardware .

I'm not buying a PS4 or ditch , just like your not buying an Xbox .

If I could turn on the Nintendo app on my firestick I'm giving Nintendo money .

This isn't a hard concept . Devs are already trying this on Ditch . Sony already has a weak version of this . Google is getting into this .

It's the future if you want to admit it or not .

Also funny how you state Xbox hardware sales are trash even tho the gen isn't even over and it sold more than GC and Wiiu combined . Lol . (And has higher growth this year than Ditch)

14 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Also funny how you state Xbox hardware sales are trash even tho the gen isn't even over and it sold more than GC and Wiiu combined . Lol . (And has higher growth this year than Ditch)

Yes, the GC and Wiiu sales were trash and so are the Xbox sales.   Now what? What next? 

Oh yea... I know what's next.. MS is starting their transition out of the console hardware space :mickeyj:

Xbox 1 will probably do 50 million or so at end of gen . That's hardly trash .

Transition out of hardware is starting ? Sure . If you want to hang on to that for another 8 years or so .

Everyone else is going to follow . 

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

This upcoming gen will most likely be the last gen for all hardware .

I'm not buying a PS4 or ditch , just like your not buying an Xbox .

If I could turn on the Nintendo app on my firestick I'm giving Nintendo money .

This isn't a hard concept . Devs are already trying this on Ditch . Sony already has a weak version of this . Google is getting into this .

It's the future if you want to admit it or not .

Streaming will eventually be the future yes... but there will still be Videogame hardware for a long time.    You still need a competent control set up (hardware) to play the games.

The only difference is MS won't be the one providing the hardware.... they'll provide the streaming app while other companies provide the hardware. 

This is exactly what the Desktop market evolved into. 

37 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

They ready announced a next gen dedicated console and their own streaming box .

They will have dedicated hardware for 10 years minimum.

5 years after the system launches.  Next Gen will be a transition Gen for MS. 

if MS releases a console for the next gen, it will definitely be their last, in terms of how traditional consoles are designed.

And they will stop, because it will sell even less than the XBO gen, and MS will say that its a financial decision.

Even though their decisions to allow Xbox cross-platform with PC, and their streaming service CONTIBUTED to less Xbox hardware being sold. They are well aware that they are putting the next Xbox hardware in a position to sell to a sub-20 million userbase.

This coming gen is definitely a transitional gen for MS.  It's their last traditional formal dedicated Xbox console generation.  They'll come with the Xbox 2 and the Streaming box this coming gen, and then the gen after that, they'll release another new box, except it will be a Xbox branded small form factor PC.  They will NOT be R&D'ing a new custom built dedicated console.  All of their teams will develop their games on windows based PCs which run on the box and PC natively, as well as be streamed to various other devices.   I said this all on the other forum.

After that gen... Xbox consoles are done and they will simply stream to whichever devices support their app. 

I can also see MS making more bids to buy up more studios to "populate" their service to keep it something people stay subscribed to constantly.  I see that happening with Sony as well, because with Google entering.. you really have to get things secured.  3rd parties like Ubisoft, EA, Square.. ect.. all have lots of studios which make tons of content.  Ubisoft and EA also have their own PC clients.. which means that in the future, they'll simply make one version of their game.. In a streaming world, they aren't beholden to companies like Sony and MS to sell hardware to build up a large market of potential customers.  All of a sudden Google and Amazon and all these others look appealing.

Google is getting in at the right time.  This is why I said on the old forum that MS was doing the work now, and Sony could get caught with their pants down if they weren't careful.  Sony can manage MS in the traditional sense... but streaming... assuming they get it to where it needs to be... that's the biggest market available... every single open system device connected to a screen.

So if large 3rd parties start cutting Sony and MS out and doing their own thing.. then Sony and MS need to start building up their content creators to compete as well.