Digital Foundry - Mega Man 11 - A platforming masterpiece.

"Xbox One X delivers latency of around 62ms...Switch follows closely with a 68ms response, but curiously, PlayStation 4 pro is closer to 90ms - a full two frames slower to respond.... we are looking at input lag closer to a 30fps title than the full 60Hz experience that Mega Man 11 delivers."    :holeup:

"yes, you do get a locked 60fps regardless of the platform you play it on" 

"1080p60 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and a full 4K60 on the enhanced consoles" 

"Switch holds up too, with 1080p60 while docked and 720p60 in portable mode"

Just now, Goukosan said:

The demo had performance issues, glad they took care of it in the final build. 

The lag sucks n PS4 for Switch you're lucky if you got the newer Pro controller. I got the Splatoon one, I heard they improved the dpad but its still kinda meh. Sony controllers got their issues but they always get the Dpad right.

Is it even noticeable? I find minuscule frames advantage is not something you really notice unless you are playing a fighting game and switch between different versions, it fucks the timing of your combos but a game like this? I dunno, it's still the same 60FPS game.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Is it even noticeable? I find minuscule frames advantage is not something you really notice unless you are playing a fighting game and switch between different versions, it fucks the timing of your combos but a game like this? I dunno, it's still the same 60FPS game.

Let's act like it doesn't matter in a game like this that demands precision and constantly bombards you with enemies and projectiles, because it's Playstation :TJ:

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Let's act like it doesn't matter in a game like this that demands precision and constantly bombards you with enemies and projectiles, because it's Playstation :TJ:

2 frames delay

60 frames per second

Yeah, I'm still buying this on PS4 and I won't even notice it. It's not even going to impact playability.  This isn't the kind of thing that is noticeable unless you are already familiar with another version with a different input delay... in which case it will just feel off and you'll eventually get used to it. 

I'm not damage controlling anything but this comes from my experience playing different version of fighting games that had even bigger gap in input delays (5 plus frames was common) and those were all games that required far more precision in timing than Mega Man.

So yeah.

9 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Bu bu Is it even noticable ? :tear:

It's funny all of the things Sony sheep can't notice anymore :D

Just now, Jon2B said:

Bu bu Is it even noticable ? :tear:

It's funny all of the things Sony sheep can't notice anymore :D

It's literally, a difference of 0,10 second we are talking about here. :D

Let's not act like Mega Man 11 is unplayable on PS4 or something.  

12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

2 frames delay

60 frames per second

Yeah, I'm still buying this on PS4 and I won't even notice it. It's not even going to impact playability.  This isn't the kind of thing that is noticeable unless you are already familiar with another version with a different input delay... in which case it will just feel off and you'll eventually get used to it. 

I'm not damage controlling anything but this comes from my experience playing different version of fighting games that had even bigger gap in input delays (5 plus frames was common) and those were all games that required far more precision in timing than Mega Man.

So yeah.

we are looking at input lag closer to a 30fps title than the full 60Hz experience that Mega Man 11 delivers

The input lag on Playstation gives you a response of a 30fps game. 

Its not game breaking I agree... just might affect your timings on the precision platforming areas. 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

we are looking at input lag closer to a 30fps title than the full 60Hz experience that Mega Man 11 delivers

The input lag on Playstation gives you a response of a 30fps game. 

Its not game breaking I agree... just might affect your timings on the precision platforming areas. 

I don't understand how 2 frames off in a 60FPS game is almost the same input delay as if the game ran at 30.

The input delay does not come from the game or what?

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I don't understand how 2 frames off in a 60FPS game is almost the same input delay as if the game ran at 30.

The input delay does not come from the game or what?

They are saying that an input delay of 90ms  is closer to what you get in a 30fps game. 

90ms in a 60fps games is not a 2 frame delay..... they said it represented 2 frames of delay MORE THAN the other versions. 

But with all that said... they did say it is playable and not game breaking. 

30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's literally, a difference of 0,10 second we are talking about here. :D

Let's not act like Mega Man 11 is unplayable on PS4 or something.  

Unplayable ? No it's playable ....just less playable lol tchbk 

We don't feel it !

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They are saying that an input delay of 90ms  is closer to what you get in a 30fps game. 

90ms in a 60fps games is not a 2 frame delay..... they said it represented 2 frames of delay MORE THAN the other versions. 

But with all that said... they did say it is playable and not game breaking. 

They make it sound worse than it actually is. 22ms difference with the Switch version. Whatever, lol.

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Unplayable ? No it's playable ....just less playable lol tchbk 

We don't feel it !

0,220 second. lmao

Just like the last time you had sex with a woman back in the 90s, it was super short and she didn't feel a thing.

Just now, Ramza said:

0,220 second. lmao

Just like the last time you had sex with a woman back in the 90s, it was super short and she didn't feel a thing.

Lmao you're losing it itt :D

Just now, Jon2B said:

Lmao you're losing it itt :D

I lost it for about 0,220 second but then I remembered I wasn't a fucking loser who gets hellbent over the most minuscule of details. :tom: