IGN to adopt a new review method for BLOPSIIII

Basically they are going to review COD's game modes separately with each having an individual review and score and then a basic sum up with an overall verdict.

Meaning BLOPSIII will have separate scores for Competitive MP, Zombies and Blackout.

They state that if feedback is good this will be adopted for other games in the futures (such as RDR2 and Red Dead Online being separate or BFV with it's campaign, MP and eventual BR all reviewed separately)  

https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/10/11/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-review

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Pretty interesting idea and could be useful for ppl that only care about specific modes in a game. Say Campaign only or MP only. 

also 3x the hits for IGN 

:trump2:

Makes sense, I mean I'm getting Black Ops IV simply for Blackout - I'm sure I'll mess around with Zombies throughout my time;  Also, really makes sense for MP games with an SP campaign - Battlefield 5 for example.

Because I never played the Campaign in BF1; apart from when it was downloading -  and it allowed me to play after around 15% completion. 

Well there's a quote from them, as I read the article:

it could potentially be extremely useful to players who spend the majority of their time in one mode or another. Or maybe it won’t work as well as we hope and we’ll learn from it and do things differently next time. It’s an experiment, so please bear with us and let us know what you think!