I just bought Majora's Mask, what am I in for?

2 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

shoulda gotten the 3DS superior one. And yeah, its not for everyone, as its pretty anxiety inducing compared to most games.

I already have this for 3DS, I've never opened it. I'm sure on 3DS it's more streamlined but I want the actual experience. What about it is anxiety inducing? Do you have a certain amount of time to complete the game or you have to start over?

NEW-hot-25cm-legend-of-Zelda-Figure-Skul

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I already have this for 3DS, I've never opened it. I'm sure on 3DS it's more streamlined but I want the actual experience. What about it is anxiety inducing? Do you have a certain amount of time to complete the game or you have to start over?

NEW-hot-25cm-legend-of-Zelda-Figure-Skul

You have a limited time to complete the game, well untill you find the time travel song to restart time, then its a bit calmer, BUT you still have to heavily rely on loads of events that happen at certain times of day/night to complete the game so it can be very stressful to keep track of time ALL the time. Theres basically a dreadful feeling throuhout the whole game, as you cant really slow down or the world is doomed. Unlike other adventure games this one really pushes the responsibility level to the max.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

You have a limited time to complete the game, well untill you find the time travel song to restart time, then its a bit calmer, BUT you still have to heavily rely on loads of events that happen at certain times of day/night to complete the game so it can be very stressful to keep track of time ALL the time. Theres basically a dreadful feeling throuhout the whole game, as you cant really slow down or the world is doomed. Unlike other adventure games this one really pushes the responsibility level to the max.

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Majoras's Mask = Zelda OOT x Dead Rising 1 

I'm getting anxiety already. 

The "hook" is that every  day/hour everything has its own story, and pacing. So you can find a certain NPC on day 1 then do some shit on day 2. Fucked up? Reset again and waste your time, and this goes for 90% of the side quests.

It's basically one glorified track a thon of time management for side quests and not in a good way.

1 hour ago, HolyAx said:

lol i never played it. I only played oot again and again. my roommate played it. oot and majoras for the first time yeeears after release and he was really mad at the game. 

I only know you can turn into a fucking zora dude and swim like a dolphin... I guess I should play this game. thanks idiot

57 minutes ago, kaz said:

lol i never played it. I only played oot again and again. my roommate played it. oot and majoras for the first time yeeears after release and he was really mad at the game. 

I only know you can turn into a fucking zora dude and swim like a dolphin... I guess I should play this game. thanks idiot

I don't think a lot of people really played it, it's this coveted game but it released midway through 2000, I mean the Dreamcast was out, the PlayStation 2 was only 6 months away. OoT released in the 64's prime, this game released at a really odd time. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think a lot of people really played it, it's this coveted game but it released midway through 2000, I mean the Dreamcast was out, the PlayStation 2 was only 6 months away. OoT released in the 64's prime, this game released at a really odd time. 

It was bundled out the ass with 3DS. Trust me. All sheep played it (And got majorly disappointed).

OOT is SO much better. BTW MM had only 4 half assed dungeons. It was made in a year and it shows.

Edited by Beta Bux Romeo
Just now, Beta Bux Romeo said:

It was bundled out the ass with 3DS. Trust me. All sheep played it (And got majorly disappointed).

OOT is SO much better. BTW MM had only 4 half assed dungeons.

I'm not sure what the 3D remaster has to do with my statement regarding the original.