Retro-bit is collaborating with SEGA to release officially licensed controllers for MegaDrive, Genesis, and Saturn

SEGA.jpg

Retro-Bit, a premier publisher and manufacturer of classic gaming products, is proud to announce the unveiling of their eagerly awaited SEGA controller lineup, featuring the same great quality as their original hardware counterparts like the original console port, but also with modern upgrades such as a USB® port for PC compatibility and Bluetooth® wireless technology. The complete first line of the officially licensed Retro-Bit SEGA products will arrive this November and include:

• Genesis Wired 6-Button Original Port Controller (Black, Clear Blue)
  • Genesis Wired 8-Button USB® Port Controller (Black, Clear Blue)
  • Genesis Bluetooth® Controller (Black)
  • Genesis Bluetooth® Receiver
  • Megadrive Wired 6-Button Original Port Controller (Black, Clear Blue)
  • Megadrive Wired 8-Button USB® Port Controller (Black, Clear Blue)
  • Megadrive Bluetooth® Controller (Black)
  • Megadrive Bluetooth® Receiver
  • Saturn Wired Original Port Controller (Black, Slate Grey)
  • Saturn Wired USB® Port Controller (Black, Slate Grey)
  • Saturn Bluetooth® Controller (Black)
  • Saturn Bluetooth® Receiver

Sega-Eblast.jpg

Earlier versions of these controllers were cheap and not officially licensed so the quality was a bit off... but now that they are officially supported and aren't as cheap, there's expectations that the build quality will be better. There's also rumors of them doing Dreamcast controllers as well, with a version possibly supporting dual analog.

n1RqMrL.jpg

I'm totally down to get a classic 8-button Genesis controller and the Saturn dual analog controller. :whew: 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Eww no Saturn model 1 controller :/

I know a lot of people hate them but I prefer them.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not yet anyway.  Just for the fuck of it I'd like to see the Saturn 3D controller as well.

Saturn_MK-80314.jpg

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What's the d-pad like on that Saturn Model 1?  I've never tried that controller before so I have no idea.

One of the best in my opinion, it's responsive, accurate and comfortable. You can rest your thumb on the outside nubs similar to the corners of a traditional D-pad or place it in the middle. The center of the dpad is a big divot, it's almost like an analog and can be used similarly to one in terms of how you can manipulate it.

U43NSe1.png

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

One of the best in my opinion, it's responsive, accurate and comfortable. You can rest your thumb on the outside nubs similar to the corners of a traditional D-pad or place it in the middle. The center of the dpad is a big divot, it's almost like an analog and can be used similarly to one in terms of how you can manipulate it.

U43NSe1.png

Yea.  Seems kinda like the Xbox One Elite controllers disc shaped d-pad attachment which looks like it would be similar... except the feeling would obviously be different.  

No problems with unintentional inputs registering?  Because that would be the biggest downside.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.  Seems kinda like the Xbox One Elite controllers disc shaped d-pad attachment which looks like it would be similar... except the feeling would obviously be different.  

No problems with unintentional inputs registering?  Because that would be the biggest downside.

I've never had that issue, it seems to do what you want it to.