Sony is recruiting new talent for “Next Generation” Marketing Campaign

So Aza thinks that a huge international corporation is just barely hiring (they are barely posting the job listing) an entire department for marketing.

And they are supposed to start this marketing effort and have it up and running for a major multi-billion dollar product in..........about 5 months from now?

31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So Aza thinks that a huge international corporation is just barely hiring (they are barely posting the job listing) an entire department for marketing.

And they are supposed to start this marketing effort and have it up and running for a major multi-billion dollar product in..........about 5 months from now?

2019 confirmed. :grimaceleft:

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yep, apparently. :hest: 

People in the business say that if they're still taking applications they'll be lucky to even finish the selection process by the end of the year... let alone have the person they select start thinking of proposals ready to pitch to management.  

There's NO way the PS5 is launching next year.  From Sony themselves, to developers, to rumors... everything points to 2020.  I mean, I know Aza's tired of this gen already... but damn.. use some common sense. lol

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

People in the business say that if they're still taking applications they'll be lucky to even finish the selection process by the end of the year... let alone have the person they select start thinking of proposals ready to pitch to management.  

There's NO way the PS5 is launching next year.  From Sony themselves, to developers, to rumors... everything points to 2020.  I mean, I know Aza's tired of this gen already... but damn.. use some common sense. lol

Aza should be banned if Sony does not announce a 2019 date for the PS5 by the end of their E3 press conference in June.

And the length of his ban needs to be from June 2019 until the actual date the PS5 releases.

He already knows he's wrong, he just doesn't want to shut up and thinks he's defiantly trolling the forum. And for that, he needs to learn a lesson the hard way, so that next time, maybe he should just stop talking about the issue instead of actively going out of his way to pester the entire forum over this one particular subject.

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don’t think anything indicates they are creating a whole new department. Especially as these look like temporary staff increase contracts so the marketing vision is probably already established, these guys could be coming in to execute a roll out strategy

The product marketing would be done pretty far out but that’s about it. New products often tend to sit in a dead space for a long time after they are settled on.

You don’t need an 18 month lead time for an advertising campaign. As somebody who works in marketing, 6 months would be

generous lol. Ideally you’d have a full year for planning but in reality that’s a luxury rarely afforded. 

Realistically they could get an announcement campaign out within a few months if they wanted if they tender agency support. And I know Sony works with agencies on most of their marketing efforts. And that won’t be reflected in job hirings 

They could just as likely be 6 months away from announcement as they are 18 months from an announcement, nothing here indicates otherwise

7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I don’t think anything indicates they are creating a whole new department. Especially as these look like temporary staff increase contracts so the marketing vision is probably already established, these guys could be coming in to execute a roll out strategy

The product marketing would be done pretty far out but that’s about it. New products often tend to sit in a dead space for a long time after they are settled on.

You don’t need an 18 month lead time for an advertising campaign. As somebody who works in marketing, 6 months would be

generous lol. Ideally you’d have a full year for planning but in reality that’s a luxury rarely afforded. 

Realistically they could get an announcement campaign out within a few months if they wanted if they tender agency support. And I know Sony works with agencies on most of their marketing efforts. And that won’t be reflected in job hirings 

They could just as likely be 6 months away from announcement as they are 18 months from an announcement, nothing here indicates otherwise

At PlayStation we are working at the frontiers of immersive experiences for our users. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Lead to join our Intelligence Platform Group. As part of this hands-on position you would work across Partners, Product and Engineering and contribute to development and growth of PlayStation Intelligence Platform. You will own the roadmap for next generation PlayStation campaign.

This shit doesn't happen 6 to 12 months before a product launch of this scale...  It's simply not happening.  If they are still recruiting, they are likely in the concept stages... this isn't a campaign that's ready to roll out..

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

This shit doesn't happen 6 to 12 months before a product launch of this scale...  It's simply not happening.  If they are still recruiting, they are likely in the concept stages... this isn't a campaign that's ready to roll out..

The more that is happening the more 2021 is actually looking real now. All of this released information appears very preliminary. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The more that is happening the more 2021 is actually looking real now. All of this released information appears very preliminary. 

I agree it seems quite preliminary, but I'm fairly certain it's 2020.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I agree it seems quite preliminary, but I'm fairly certain it's 2020.

Maybe, but look at say Project Scorpio. That released 17 months after it was announced and came front loaded with almost every piece of information. They already knew exactly what the system was going to look like and its operational specs a full 17 months before release and it still took 17 months to release.

I don't think Sony is even close to those stages yet, the hardware isn't even there yet from AMD. 

Looking at the job description I’m not even sure it’s related to PS5. It looks like they are developing something called the PlayStation Intelligence Platform, and they are asking for people with skills in ad tech, DSPs. It read a more like they are developing a platform for managing media buying - possibly for external or internal use or possibly for buying ads on the PlayStation interface

Armed with your business acumen and product knowledge, you will join forces with the Sr Manager, Product Marketing – Platforms and sit on the front line of bringing new products to market and arming teams to execute market strategy.

Responsibilities

• Forecast sales of PlayStation platform products such as PlayStation VR
  • Lead analysis of topics affecting PlayStation platforms
  • Review and coordinate research and analytics projects with internal stakeholders
  • Maintain and recommend hardware & software road maps for PlayStation VR
  • Develop educational executive presentations
  • Product launch post-mortems