One x Forza 4 horizon/Forza 7 bundle

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why?

Because it's MS' biggest game of the year and a game that makes such great use of style. They even already had a great looking, racing inspired console for this year's Game4Paul charity event.

GAme4Paul-Console-hero.png

That thing is sexy as fuck. Can't just use that because it would fuck with the whole raffle aspect behind it, but swap the colour from blue to a rustic red and the tire tread to the blowing leaves thing the boxart has going on and god damn that'd be a sexy console.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Because it's MS' biggest game of the year and a game that makes such great use of style. They even already had a great looking, racing inspired console for this year's Game4Paul charity event.

GAme4Paul-Console-hero.png

That thing is sexy as fuck. Can't just use that because it would fuck with the whole raffle aspect behind it, but swap the colour from blue to a rustic red and the tire tread to the blowing leaves thing the boxart has going on and god damn that'd be a sexy console.

It being its biggest game doesn't mean it should be some special edition. Sure that's a nice console but Forza is a regular occurrence regardless of how good the game is. Things like that should be saved for special releases, a big new IP, Halo etc. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It being its biggest game doesn't mean it should be some special edition. Sure that's a nice console but Forza is a regular occurrence regardless of how good the game is. Things like that should be saved for special releases, a big new IP, Halo etc. 

I get your point with regards to it being a regular occurrence and a "so why this one instead of the previous one or the next one?" kind of deal since I wouldn't expect them to do it for every Forza game or really even every Horizon game. Admittedly, I'm struggling to justify it from the angle.

For me, though, I just don't view special editions as a big deal that should be saved for a handful of games. I'm not saying make one for every game out there, but if a game has a certain style I think having a physical canvas to kind of show off that style is a neat little throw in for these bundles where you assume the game is factoring into the purchase. Sea of Thieves is another game that I would have liked to see a special edition console for and probably would have opted to get that instead of the Horizon 3 bundle I picked up at that time, especially since I really dug the controller they put out.

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I get your point with regards to it being a regular occurrence and a "so why this one instead of the previous one or the next one?" kind of deal since I wouldn't expect them to do it for every Forza game or really even every Horizon game. Admittedly, I'm struggling to justify it from the angle.

For me, though, I just don't view special editions as a big deal that should be saved for a handful of games. I'm not saying make one for every game out there, but if a game has a certain style I think having a physical canvas to kind of show off that style is a neat little throw in for these bundles where you assume the game is factoring into the purchase. Sea of Thieves is another game that I would have liked to see a special edition console for and probably would have opted to get that instead of the Horizon 3 bundle I picked up at that time, especially since I really dug the controller they put out.

For Sea of Thieves they did a controller, it's mostly random when these things happen to be honest. I think they're cool now and again but that's part of what makes Limited Edition's cool, is when they're actually limited. Not just pertaining to a single product having a scarce item, but the actual act of making a limited run of something itself a rare occurrence. 

microsoft_wl3_00078_xbox_wireless_contro

Edited by DynamiteCop!