Bajno Threeie could be announced at XO18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to go with diverse, since 'highest rated', or 'best selling' was already taken. 

It could have one good game every two years and you'd still act like it's God's gift to gaming.

Itself 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Jon2B said:

So Netflix sucks, Xbox sucks yada yada . You seem hard to please . Maybe take some Pepto , HeartBurn ....you dumbo idiot :D

Netflix doesn't suck, they've just taken a quantity over quality approach to their original content to keep people subscribed as studios start launching their own services. Mediocre also doesn't mean bad, especially when Netflix's approach means a much higher number of movies/shows in various genres/settings that you might really enjoy and see pop up much less often elsewhere. Altered Carbon wasn't great, but as somebody with both Blade Runner movies in my top 10 it was really nice to get more well produced cyberpunk.

HBO has better original content, IMO, but there's far less of it. My Netflix sub has been going uninterrupted for years, while I'll sub to HBO during Game of Thrones and then binge on the shows I missed since the last sub so I obviously don't fault Netflix for their approach.

Xbox is trash, though. :umad:

Thanks for the lecture on how you feel about content providers , HeartBurn :D

So if Netflix doesn't suck,  then neither will GamePass . Using your logic .

Keep your stories straight there , dumbo .

You've been Tum'd

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

Thanks for the lecture on how you feel about content providers , HeartBurn :D

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

So if Netflix doesn't suck,  then neither will GamePass . Using your logic .

If GamePass had a new, exclusive game every week then yeah, absolutely. Games have different production requirements which makes that not really fair to expect, so if GamePass had a new, exclusive game at intervals substantially shorter than the competition then it wouldn't suck based on what I said about Netflix.

However, Microsoft puts out fewer games than Sony/Nintendo, so really they're a mix of HBO and Netflix in that they inundate you with mediocrity like Netflix and release content slower than the competition like HBO. It's like if Game of Thrones had cardboard cutouts for dragons and all the dialogue was fart noises. :umad:

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

You're welcome.

If GamePass had a new, exclusive game every week then yeah, absolutely. Games have different production requirements which makes that not really fair to expect, so if GamePass had a new, exclusive game at intervals substantially shorter than the competition then it wouldn't suck based on what I said about Netflix.

However, Microsoft puts out fewer games than Sony/Nintendo, so really they're a mix of HBO and Netflix in that they inundate you with mediocrity like Netflix and release content slower than the competition like HBO. It's like if Game of Thrones had cardboard cutouts for dragons and all the dialogue was fart noises. :umad:

Well sure it gamepass only had 1st party games that would suck . But it doesn't . It has around 150 games . 

And Ms is beefing up 1st party studios at an all time high . It's only going to get better .

Like Netflix has . Owned .

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Well sure it gamepass only had 1st party games that would suck . But it doesn't . It has around 150 games . 

You were suggesting my logic for liking Netflix despite the mediocrity would apply to GamePass, so I was explaining why it wouldn't. I've been subbed to Netflix for years, so the back catalog doesn't get much attention from me.

I had GamePass for four months and got way more than $30 (first month free with console and I actually redeemed MS points for the 3 month sub after, but that's what I would have spent) of enjoyment out of it, so I hold no ill will towards the service from the perspective of a new console owner or anybody that just hasn't played the games. I mean imagine being a kid and looking at that catalog right before summer break starts. It's just sort of hard to attach the value of a back catalog to the context of a recurring subscription. I have a script that I run for MS reward points and I still don't subscribe to GamePass with them anymore.

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

And Ms is beefing up 1st party studios at an all time high . It's only going to get better .

Not like their first party can get much worse. :danylol:

Ohhhh Mylanta 

Heartburn , you suggested MS really is trying to be the Netflix of gaming .

If you are going to make the comparison , it has to make sense . You are trying to say it doesn't make sense which is EXAXTLY why I said I'll let you see that it was a dumb comparison to begin with .

I don't need any explanation in detail of this or that . You could just agree it was a dumb thing to say move on .

8 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Ohhhh Mylanta 

Heartburn , you suggested MS really is trying to be the Netflix of gaming .

If you are going to make the comparison , it has to make sense . You are trying to say it doesn't make sense which is EXAXTLY why I said I'll let you see that it was a dumb comparison to begin with .

I don't need any explanation in detail of this or that . You could just agree it was a dumb thing to say move on .

I mean the whole discussion started with Diplo's post about Microsoft shitting out mediocre first party games to keep people subscribed to GamePass, which is a pretty apt comparison to Netflix. I'm sorry you couldn't keep up.

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I mean the whole discussion started with Diplo's post about Microsoft shitting out mediocre first party games to keep people subscribed to GamePass, which is a pretty apt comparison to Netflix. I'm sorry you couldn't keep up.

So then you think gamepass is good . Ok . Why are you continuing on ?