BFV singleplayer trailer

Meh.. these explosive set pieces are getting so fuckin old they should've gone the COD route and just focus on MP

Leave SP to devs like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Kojima etc who can actually deliver a great script and narrative

Edited by Vini
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Playing the single player portion of a Battlefield game is akin to the the Drake meme.

I can’t believe you guys are still using this excuse. Avoiding the singleplayer portion out of the principal that the game is multiplayer focused is such a naive way to view things nowadays. The devs are clearly putting some degree of effort into it and the campaigns have always been entertaining distractions that help prepare you for multiplayer. 

Im personally more interested in seeing how the singleplayer turns out than the multiplayer. I’ve already played the beta so I know exactly what to expect from that part of the game.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

So many haters. Game looks awesome.

You should see how many people are bitching about the fact that you play as a chick during one of the campaigns. But thats actually based on a real story of a female Norwegian resistance fighter who lead a resisrance group of thousands against the germans when they occupied Normandy. Im glad DICE is at least trying to do something interesting with the singleplayer instead of just rehashing the d day landings for the millionth time *cough Call of Duty cough*

Edited by Twinblade
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You should see how many people are bitching about the fact that you play as a chick during one of the campaigns. But thats actually based on a real story of a female Norwegian resistance fighter who lead a resisrance group of thousands against the germans when they occupied Normandy. Im glad DICE is at least trying to do something interesting with the singleplayer instead of just rehashing the d day landings for the millionth time *cough Call of Duty cough*

BF1's War Stories was an interesting take on a SP campaign and worked well I thought. Expecting them to improve it further here and like you said it gives them the opportunity to do more unique things in it's SP without being held to large over done events. 

Dont' get the backlash at all, who gives a fuck even if it wasn't based on a true story. BF1 had a female playable character in one of it's war stories too and ppl didn't care back then.

You played a woman in one of the BF1 war stories too. It was the desert one. Single player campaign of ww1 sounded really cool.

But the chopped off little stories made me hate it. I'm not saying the single player should be tv show levels of character development but it was awfully bland and uninspired.

The flying mission were horrendous too, never seen these fuck up controls in BF. 

I liked BF3 and BF4 tbh.

BF3 especially, most people think it's forgetable military shooter but it has a really good twist in the story near the end that makes me remember this game. Probably the only battlefield sp that I will ever consider replaying.

oh and stop the reverse bitching about idiots bitching about the game, it's the same shit. 

Edited by kaz

i think there are too many stories. BF1 had 5 IIRC, and as a result you could beat most of them in less than a hour. I think 3 would be the perfect number, witch each one being 90-120 minutes long. So they would basically be 3 fleshed out feature length movies. 

Edited by Twinblade

I treated each War Story individually, wasn't a fan of some but loved others. Thought The Runner was really good especially. The Desert one was cool too. Flying mission being my least fav too and I also felt the tank stuff went on for a little too long. Still though it was a great way to highlight different regions. 

yeah i can see it. 3 seperate stories could work. I get the idea to give an insight of various different locations and historic events etc but my gripe is that every "story" felt incredibly rushed and didn't leave room for any special moments. 

the flying missions were awful but the story was pretty cool how the dude impersonated that guy to fly that plane. wish it were any longer and gave me alternate controls. 

The desert one was my favorite, I thought it was a cool twist on the Lawrence of Arabia story. I thought the plane one was fun as well, though its the least realistic of the bunch. The Runner and tank mission dragged for a bit too long. That said the Gallipoli beach landing sequence was awesome.

Edited by Twinblade
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The desert one was my favorite, I thought it was a cool twist on the Lawrence of Arabia story. I thought the plane one was fun as well, though its the least realistic of the bunch. The Runner and tank mission dragged for a bit too long. That said the Gallipoli beach landing sequence was awesome.

As an Aussie, seeing that sequence in a game for the first time was epic.