Red Dead 2 150gb on PS4

Is this the biggest game this gen ? I know Halo 5 and gears 4 are close to that 

PS4 - 99 GB installation space
Xbox One - 107 GB installation space
Digital Installation:

PS4 - 99 GB installation space with an additional 50GB for the installation process

Nah it probably only needs the additional 50 GB during installation and purges that out and ultimately ends up at around 100 Gigish.  But you may actually need to have 150 GB available during the install.  I don't fucking know. lol

Edited by Spicoli
16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's odd, maybe the way file structures work on PS4 it needs to unpack a bunch of stuff and then reorganize it or something. 

Yeah, every PS4 game is like that. You basically need 50% extra than the actual file size to install because it unpacks the 'installer'. The 'installer' is then deleted upon installation. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah, every PS4 game is like that. You basically need 50% extra than the actual file size to install because it unpacks the 'installer'. The 'installer' is then deleted upon installation. 

So you can get into a situation where you have enough space for the game but can't install it because you don't have enough room for the installer, sounds dumb.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So you can get into a situation where you have enough space for the game but can't install it because you don't have enough room for the installer, sounds dumb.

Yup, heaps of people don't know this and you see 'Game X is 50Gb and I have 60Gb free in HDD, why does it say I have no space' threads and questions at various gaming sites often. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yup, heaps of people don't know this and you see 'Game X is 50Gb and I have 60Gb free in HDD, why does it say I have no space' threads and questions at various gaming sites often. 

I never get close to running out of space so I haven't encountered this but they need to change their install system. 

• Upvote 1
On 2018-10-18 at 1:21 PM, Jon2B said:

Is this the biggest game this gen ? I know Halo 5 and gears 4 are close to that 

PS4 - 99 GB installation space
Digital Installation:

PS4 - 99 GB installation space with an additional 50GB for the installation process

No lmfao.. FFXV on PC is the biggest I've seen I think at 148GBs... Gears 4 definitely gives it a run for it's money though on PC I'd imagine.

That's what the disc drive is there for, to begin with. Rockstar could've gone the cheap route and only provided one 50GB blu-ray, and required the rest to be downloaded, and on launch day, that is almost gauranteed to be choked in traffic.

Rockstar paid to have the extra disc so that we could install the game faster.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's what the disc drive is there for, to begin with. Rockstar could've gone the cheap route and only provided one 50GB blu-ray, and required the rest to be downloaded, and on launch day, that is almost gauranteed to be choked in traffic.

Rockstar paid to have the extra disc so that we could install the game faster.

It's going to be extra crazy because independent game shops aren't even getting the game in stock until November.  Tons of extra people will be saying "fuck it" and getting it digitally as soon as it drops.

I hope Sony and MS are ready :lupe: 

1 minute ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I really wonder if RDR2 will be as big as people are hyping out to be.

The Pro bundle though doesnt stand a chance.

It'll be big enough.

A lot of people seem pretty disappointed though with the trailers released thus far.  A lot of people think it looks boring. lol

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It'll be big enough.

A lot of people seem pretty disappointed though with the trailers released thus far.  A lot of people think it looks boring. lol

I think, from what I've seen in the trailers. it is the closest game to Zelda BOTW in designing verticality in open world landscapes (and if you remember the first RDR, they had specific missions that were linear in design because they took place in valley areas).

I think this game has the most amount of unique textures for every area in the map, and that is probably why the download size is humongous. I hope they have enough gameplay system in place for us to have a need to travel all over that map.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as GTA5 and have entire chunks of the map be useless to even want to explore (like that southern ghetto part of the map).