The i9 9900K cpus are hot as hell

31561718498_3e0c863565_b.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I--zROoRws

Needing a 360mm rad custom loop to even clock at 5Ghz at less than 100'C.. and that's with the soldered TIM.. wtf? :scared: 

It's understandably power hungry, due to the additional cores.. but damn.  The gaming benchmarks show it's a bit better than the 8700K, but only in resolutions where you're already getting insane fps, so the difference is practically unnoticeable.  At 4K the Intel 9900K, 9700K, 8700K, and the Ryzen 2700X all perform identically... that is to say, GPU bound.   In production benchmarks the 9900K does well against 2700X, beating it in most cases obviously.. but damn.  The 9900K's cost $580 USD right now, and the 2700X only cost $305.. considering the 9900K doesn't even come with a cooler, that's HALF the price of the 9900K...

AMD is seriously primed right now to smack Intel upside the head and I hope they continue improving and putting the screws to them. B) 

Just now, Jon2B said:

I have an 8700 non k and I read those get hot as well . Thankfully I have that DellGod warranty B)

Yea, they generally get up to 90'C or around that under full load, but they also use a generic thermal paste between the die and the heat spreader, whereas these new CPUs use a solder which conducts heat a lot better.  You'd figure the temps would go down from there, but with the 9900K at full load (5GHz mind you) it tops 100'C... that's toasty... and that's on closed loop watercooling.  My 6700k which I have at 4.6 or 4.7Ghz any given day reaches a max temp of 65'C under full load.

To be fair, the 9900K has 2x the cores as my 6700K.. but still... AMD's CPU is also 8 cores 16 threads and under load is between 70'C and 80'C... 

You shouldn't worry though... the CPUs are in fact designed to run at those temps and your motherboard will monitor temps and adjust the fan curve accordingly.  It'll survive... but a lot of people don't like having parts of their PCs running at 100'C for extended periods of time :D 

Just now, Jon2B said:

Most of the games I've played don't use much cpu at all .

Sf5 was saying only 9 percent ha. 

Idk about horizon because you can't use afterburner . It crashes the game . :l

Yea.  You can use the task manager and check though..  It's using about 50% during races and around 40% free-roam on mine.  It's nicely multi threaded.  For sure the work they've done in optimizing the code for 60fps on the X1X has helped with their performance all around.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

We knew that, but we need to know the percentage to determine just how much of a faggot you are. :trump2:

when I play Battlefield 1 my game crashes sometimes and windows pops up with an error message. :mjcry: 

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Flop. :D Zen2 is going to murder these CPUs in price/performance like Zen+ already is.

For real.  Zen2 will have up to a 13% IPC gain over Zen+ ... plus higher clocks.. lower power consumption, better thermals... and it will still be cheaper than the competition.