Started doing a Keto diet again, want to hit 5% body fat

I'm cooking 5 kilos of minced meat in oil. Covering it in butter after and putting it into the fridge and more olive oil Keto needs.

I also took butter almost melted it and added a bit of chocolate protein powder and mixed it. So 95% fat and 5% casien protien for dessert. Casein protein, whey cause it digests too fast and turns into glucose.

The goal of Keto is 75% fat ideally, 15% protein and 5% carbs.

20 gram budget for carbs a day, so that's brocolli, leaf salads with lemon juice, or I can just eat 20 grams of carbs in terms of sunflower seeds as I do.

One of salt tablespoon is a must, because it dries you out that badly. I lost 3 kilos of water weight in 2 days. There are 3 grams of water for every gram of carbs in the muscles and liver.

Cheese is 50% fat more or less, so I cover the cheese in butter, and add oil to mayonaisse.

Your fat supplies just EVAPORATE on Keto, without touching your muscle mass and of course electrolite supplements like pottasium, magnisum etc.

Edited by Beta Bux Romeo
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

It's a very hard and boring diet to follow. Just excersize more, drink more water and stop eating refined sugars 

I agree and disagree at the same time. If you get your recipes down, its a fairly varied diet actually.

I'd argue that a low carb diet might be harder because you're tempted for snacks and shit when your glucose/insulin starts to play. The complete lack of hunger is also unbeatable, its so strong you might not want to eat more than once a day.

Meh, just replace starchy food with some fruits and veggies and eat more meat. I lost 20 pounds without exercise, you don't have to go extremely low in carbs. Just cutting stuff like bread, rice, potatoes, sugar and pastas works wonder, without obsessing too much over carbs.

Just now, Ramza said:

Meh, just replace starchy food with some fruits and veggies and eat more meat. I lost 20 pounds without exercise, you don't have to go extremely low in carbs. Just cutting stuff like bread, rice, potatoes, sugar and pastas works wonder, without obsessing too much over carbs.

This is a 4 month transitional diet for me. When I hit 5%, I will go low carb with all the normal healthy veggies, legumes, etc

Also a good way to know your body is losing it's glucose reserve is that you'll start peeing every 30 mins. You know your low carb diet is starting to work. I lose like 5 pounds of water weight the first day it starts to happen.

2 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

This is a 4 month transitional diet for me. When I hit 5%, I will go low carb with all the normal healthy veggies, legumes, etc

Sounds good. Although 2-3 months would probably be enough.

You could add cheese and greek yogurt (a staple of my diet).

The best thing about keto though unlike even a high protein diet is that you dont lose muscle when you lose weight. There are so called "Keto block" weeks where for 2 weeks you're losing fat, but the weight scale stays the same.

Why? Because keto prevents catabolism (SP?) which is the body eating your muscle mass, that your muscle mass actually increases just from the lowering of catabolism of the previous diets. And muscle weights 3-4x as much as fat So you burn fat but your weight scales stay the same.

It took me FOREVER to get keto right though, my first try at it in retrospective was a disaster even with amazing results.

19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sounds good. Although 2-3 months would probably be enough.

You could add cheese and greek yogurt (a staple of my diet).

You might not know this, but greek yoghurt has 6 grams of sugar mostly from lactose that always turns into sugar/glucose.

Greek yoghurt is terrible budgeting for keto specifically, and lactose also has this weird ability to kick you out of ketosis even if you don't pass your carb counts. Your only options are basically cheese, mayo, and heavy creme from dairy, and eggs.

Thats it.

Just now, Beta Bux Romeo said:

You might not know this, but greek yoghurt has 6 grams of sugar mostly from lactose that always turns into sugar/glucose.

Greek yoghurt is terrible budgeting for keto specifically, and lactose also has this weird ability to kick you out of ketosis even if you don't pass your carb counts. Your only options are basically cheese, mayo, and heavy creme from dairy, and eggs.

Thats it.

All dairy product with milk turns into sugar. At least most of them. I'm saying after your keto you could add it to your diet for diversity sake, it's okay to eat some carbs, as long as you keep it consistently low carb. The carbs you get out of a portion of yogurt is nothing compared to a slice of bread. Keto is unhealthy anyway.  

You do realize it's such a shock to the system to not eat food made out of grain in today's world that you'll get the fat burning effect regardless? No one in 2018 is getting fat because they are eating too much fruits. Let's face it, you're lucky if you had more than an apple in a day. Same thing for greek yogurt, what matter is that it's super high protein. I ate about 250ml a day, sometime more and still lost considerable weight. Plus the milk in my coffee.

7 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Thats it.

You can buy lactose free yogurt. I can't even tell the difference 

Just now, Ramza said:

All dairy product with milk turns into sugar. At least most of them. I'm saying after your keto you could add it to your diet for diversity sake, it's okay to eat some carbs, as long as you keep it consistently low carb. The carbs you get out of a portion of yogurt is nothing compared to a slice of bread. Keto is unhealthy anyway.  

You do realize it's such a shock to the system to not eat food made out of grain in today's world that you'll get the fat burning effect regardless? No one in 2018 is getting fat because they are eating too much fruits. Let's face it, you're lucky if you had more than an apple in a day. Same thing for greek yogurt, what matter is that it's super high protein. I ate about 250ml a day, sometime more and still lost considerable weight. Plus the milk in my coffee.

I'm not arguing against the validity of those diets.

There exists no other easier and faster method to burn 15 kilos off yourself than keto. Average keto fat lose if done right is 6 kilos of fat without eating uscles in a month. It's just in a league of its own in terms of efficiency.

Some people wakes up and eat a bowl of cereals in milk, a muffin, a bagel with peanut butter/jelly, it's always grains (basically carbohydrates) with added sugar (more carbohydrates).

That's more carbs that I get in 3 days of 1/2 fruit portion + 1/2 dairy portions per day, IN ONE FUCKING 'MEAL'.

This is the real issue in today's dietary world.

My usual diet breakfast is a steak with asparagus, or scrambled eggs with a fruit (usually apple or a grapefruit).

3 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I'm not arguing against the validity of those diets.

There exists no other easier and faster method to burn 15 kilos off yourself than keto. Average keto fat lose if done right is 6 kilos of fat without eating uscles in a month. It's just in a league of its own in terms of efficiency.

The issue I have with keto is that you can't do it indefinitely. While just a not starch diet is a lot more sustainable life style. Easier too since you eat a more diversified diet (but not by much).