• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now on sale on steam. $13.39

Explain this game 

It's garbage, random encounters with the same 2 different thugs every 5 seconds (all randomized, they're on every corner), SHitty side missions (point A to point B fetch quests) and PS2 era beat em up

It's garbage, random encounters with the same 2 different thugs every 5 seconds (all randomized, they're on every corner), SHitty side missions (point A to point B fetch quests) and PS2 era beat em up gameplay (mash buttons, do fuck all that takes skill).

Unless you're a super weeaboo and love japanese culture the game isn't for you. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

It only has one thing written . System file or something . Can I just type in save anywhere ?

I just installed it again and yea, same thing.. I only have what you have.  Maybe they actually fucking removed it :cosby2: 

I'm going to try adding it and will let you know.

Just now, Jon2B said:

Why would they remove that :mad:

Apparently it could possibly cause issues with something..  Who the fuck knows?  Presumably that's why they didn't have it defaulted to on in the first place.

Still completely retarded though as people claimed it worked perfectly fine for them.

Yeah I'm really liking it.  

The combat is definitely a little dated but I still find it fun. You get a way to kinda skip it later on.  

The story is really where the game shines (and I consider video games to have near universally shitty stories).  Lots of good, well thought out twists. They manage the two protagonist thing very well too, especially leveraging it for reveals (one particular one that  I probably should have caught on to before it happened but it was awesome none the less).

I'm on Chapter 14 now, kinda just speeding through the main story now cause I know once Red Dead comes out I'll be too distracted to finish it. The side stuff has lots of depth (whether it be the minigames, specific side stories, etc) but I just don't feel the need to do it all. 

Game strikes a good balance between serious/arcadey. 

On 2018-10-20 at 8:12 PM, Ramza said:

You might like it for it's story, characters, music, loads of optional side mini games and solid gameplay.

You might not like it for it's long cutscenes, outdated visuals and gameplay (still looks and plays great though), JRPG style random encounters and pacing issues.

random encounters? does it really load up fight scenes? I thought you fight whatever you come up to.

No punching pedestrians?  hmm. why do the jappos think fights are pre-rehearsed stage-ensembles. ??  

3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

random encounters? does it really load up fight scenes? I thought you fight whatever you come up to.

No punching pedestrians?  hmm. why do the jappos think fights are pre-rehearsed stage-ensembles. ??  

It's more organic in the later games but Yakuza is basically a JRPG disguised as a beat-em-up anyway.

okay wow fuck IM GONNA BUY THIS GAME ON STEAM

especially if it's cheap, plays in Japanese voice (no text??),

and my xbox one controller can be plugged into my PC.  (so it finally gets use).

$14? I'd do it... I got the week off from work finally. Should fucking buy it today... but also want to wait for a paycheck..  :mad:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It's more organic in the later games but Yakuza is basically a JRPG disguised as a beat-em-up anyway.

do you... physically have to run into an enemy to start the encounter?  Am I walking around town and poof transported into theater practice from death for the 100th time?