Official NBA 2018/2019 Thread

I'd bet on the Lakers making it. Clippers are going to lose a step with Harris gone, so it's pretty much Lakers vs. Kings for that 8th spot. There's one game left between them and if the Lakers take that they win the season series and take a game off, so they need 1 more win than the Kings over the other 25 remaining games.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those are the type of games legitimate teams end up winning man! We got a fuckin team out here. After that start and the foul trouble, last years raps would have rolled over and died.    I'm

Raps already beasting this year. Everyone saying Kawhi wasn't gonna be the same meanwhile he already looks like mid-season form (which is scary cause he isn't) and Boston is getting beat by fucking Or

Kawhi putting up 50 tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'd bet on the Lakers making it. Clippers are going to lose a step with Harris gone, so it's pretty much Lakers vs. Kings for that 8th spot. There's one game left between them and if the Lakers take that they win the season series and take a game off, so they need 1 more win than the Kings over the other 25 remaining games.

no other surprise teams in that echelon? Jazz?  I can def see the Lakers topping the Kings record.  Confident in your observation..

2 minutes ago, kokujin said:

no other surprise teams in that echelon? Jazz?  I can def see the Lakers topping the Kings record.  Confident in your observation..

Jazz are in 6th, so the Lakers don't have to worry about them if that's what you meant. The other teams in the hunt would be Mavs, Wolves, and Pelicans.

I can't see the Pelicans doing much with all the drama surrounding Davis and the minute restriction the organization wants to put on him.

Wolves are having injury problems galore and playing like complete garbage. I watched that Magic game since they're my local team and it was ugly. If they get healthy with the all-star break, maybe? There's talent on that roster and they won the season series against the Lakers.

Mavs sent out 4 of their top 5 scorers and really only got Hardaway Jr in return for this season with Porzingis out and Zbo getting waived. They're basically just working on chemistry and playing with house money until Porzingis starts playing.

On 2019-02-11 at 7:37 PM, Hot Sauce said:

Lakers lost to the mighty hawks since then.... further down in 10th they go.... welcome to the west LeBron :whoo:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lakers lost to the mighty hawks since then.... further down in 10th they go.... welcome to the west LeBron :whoo:

LeBron looked like shit, too. Injury is either still bothering him or he's afraid.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

LeBron looked like shit, too. Injury is either still bothering him or he's afraid.

He is not afraid.... he is gassed.   Luke played him too much last night at 34 they shouldn't be playing him so many minutes 

Even if the Lakers somehow find a way to scape into the playoffs... their reward is GS in round 1....lol

Welcome to the west LeBron 

18 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

It's early and I don't want to overreact, but Siakam is basically the GOAT and Jordan wasn't even good enough to sniff his jockstrap.

:ben:

So anyways, he had a fantastic game tonight, the fact he scored 44 overshadowed how great he was on the defensive side as well.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

He is not afraid.... he is gassed.   Luke played him too much last night at 34 they shouldn't be playing him so many minutes 

Dude, he wasn't attacking the rim and would pass out of 1 on 1s against Trae Young the entire game. It's impossible to get gassed when you play no defense and sit at the 3 point line. :D

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Straight facts.

Tortondo :salute:

Also, Hottysauce you mentioned being in Florida, has that always been the case? I thought originally you lived in T., no?

7 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Tortondo :salute:

Also, Hottysauce you mentioned being in Florida, has that always been the case? I thought originally you lived in T., no?

Yeah, Toronto for 26 years and Florida for the last 3 (and hopefully not much longer lol).

On 2019-02-11 at 6:37 PM, Hot Sauce said:

I say they don't make it. Why make a run? Gs sounds tiring. The Lakes have beaten them tho.. twice in the regular season. 

9 hours ago, kokujin said:

I say they don't make it. Why make a run? Gs sounds tiring. The Lakes have beaten them tho.. twice in the regular season. 

Why not make a run? There's a lot of young guys without playoff experience on that roster who would benefit from that focused drive of a playoff run and seeing the playoffs. Even a first round exit is going to be better for that team than not making the playoffs. Not like they can do much in the draft at their current position anyway.

Lakers still have a game against the Kings and two against the Clippers, all of which are at the Staples Center, so they're got a lot of opportunity to control their destiny. Lakers with LeBron are the better team of the three, so I'll take them until the math doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Siakam is the MIP and it's not even fucking close. What a difference year over year. Dude is gonna be a legit all star. I know he's a gym rat too so can't wait to see what he'll look like next year...crazy to think that he's only been playing ball for 6 years. He has some room to add some muscle too, if he gets on the Giannis program...oh my. Not to mention he just keeps adding elements to his game...4/5 from deep last night.

Kawhi looked so happy when he hit 40 too. 

I honestly believe Siakam could be the difference that makes Kawhi stay. 24 year old who is basically an overnight all star and keeps improving seemingly daily, that's a hell of a forward combo for the next 4-5 years if Kawhi stays and they shouldn't have much problem attracting talent to go along with them. 

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to Official NBA 2018/2019 Thread