Official NBA 2018/2019 Thread

I just wanted my name on it.  Negro ball is here. It's more exciting than all the sports. We won't mention that the NFL is already taken over by the blackerroos. But in this sport, we get to steal shoot and transition is too expensive of a word so I'm not gonna mention that. 

disclaimer: something about Lebron James to start the thread. Who wants to root for the Raptors?  Hot Sauce?  

Edited by kokujin
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those are the type of games legitimate teams end up winning man! We got a fuckin team out here. After that start and the foul trouble, last years raps would have rolled over and died.    I'm

Raps already beasting this year. Everyone saying Kawhi wasn't gonna be the same meanwhile he already looks like mid-season form (which is scary cause he isn't) and Boston is getting beat by fucking Or

Kawhi putting up 50 tonight. 

4 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

is lebron winning?

Well in the large scheme of things yes; he's in LA, he's got this Talent Agency/Production Company - he's essentially transitioning to go 'Full Hollywood'.

I doubt the LA Lakers can make it out of the Western Conference this year - because Golden State is more stacked than the 90's Olympic Dream Team; but he gave a team that was 3-4 years from being a playoff contender, to becoming a Top 5 team.

Edit: Although I say that and the LA Lakers are 0-3 against 2 teams they should have beat.

Also final point - sad to watch DeRozan on the Spurs now; just feels weird watching him as he felt like a Raptor4lyfe :sad:

But also, Rudy Gay how you not gonna press Lebron in those final seconds :mj:

Williams in this OT :wow:

Lebron 0/2 on those free throws leaving 11.2 secs for the Spurs!? :omg:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
11 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Damn that is the type of game that got me into the NBA. 

I missed it. I gotta watch some LA games. I think Lebron is going to give LA some fight. Why does LA for some fucking reason beat Golden State in all their games?? I don't get it???

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well in the large scheme of things yes; he's in LA, he's got this Talent Agency/Production Company - he's essentially transitioning to go 'Full Hollywood'.

I doubt the LA Lakers can make it out of the Western Conference this year - because Golden State is more stacked than the 90's Olympic Dream Team; but he gave a team that was 3-4 years from being a playoff contender, to becoming a Top 5 team.

Edit: Although I say that and the LA Lakers are 0-3 against 2 teams they should have beat.

Also final point - sad to watch DeRozan on the Spurs now; just feels weird watching him as he felt like a Raptor4lyfe :sad:

But also, Rudy Gay how you not gonna press Lebron in those final seconds :mj:

Williams in this OT :wow:

Lebron 0/2 on those free throws leaving 11.2 secs for the Spurs!? :omg:

Welcome to the west LeBron.

8 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'd feel way worse about DeRozan if he went to basically any other team. He's back with Rudy and the Spurs are a great organization.

Raps already beasting this year. Everyone saying Kawhi wasn't gonna be the same meanwhile he already looks like mid-season form (which is scary cause he isn't) and Boston is getting beat by fucking Orlando.  Still don't even have Delon to form the bench mob. 

Was at the Raps/Boston game on Friday, the place was on fire. Going to the Philly game next week too but didn't realize it was on a b2b when I bought the tickets, hopefully they don't rest Kawhi (I'd imagine they won't, but if they do hopefully it's against the bucks).

Glad to see DD doing well in SA too. 

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1

Are  teams having 140-point games going to become common, now?

What the fuck happened?

I can only wonder what is going on inside Greg Poppovich's head as he fields a team of scorers and watches the scoreboard go over 120 for both teams.

If the league is transitioning into a hyper-fast scoring style, then I hope Dennis Smith Jr and Luka Doncic can thrive in that and try to make it to the playoffs. Hopefully when Dirk comes back, he will just transition into a pure 3-point shooter.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are  teams having 140-point games going to become common, now?

What the fuck happened?

I can only wonder what is going on inside Greg Poppovich's head as he fields a team of scorers and watches the scoreboard go over 120 for both teams.

If the league is transitioning into a hyper-fast scoring style, then I hope Dennis Smith Jr and Luka Doncic can thrive in that and try to make it to the playoffs. Hopefully when Dirk comes back, he will just transition into a pure 3-point shooter.

Still early in the season. Defense will get better. 

11 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Dirk comes back?  :kaz:  the great white hope.  Isn't he dusty-years-old?

He'll shoot over 40% of his 3-pointers.

He opted for a surgery late last season where I think they cleanly broke his ankle, and allows him to regain his movement.

His last two seasons, he's been averaging 14.2 and 12.0 points a game, at age 38 and 39. That's nothing short of incredible.

• Like 1

Blake Griffin with 50 points tonight :D  :wow:

50 Points

14 Rebounds

6 Assists

20/35 FGM

5/10 3PM

= 133-132 OT Win over Philly

AND Posterizing Joel Emiid in the process

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • 2 weeks later...

Kawhi bout to stay in Toronto after last night.

Kinda wanna grab some tickets to the GSW game at the end of the month but prices are pretty outrageous and I already splurged on the Boston game/got moderately priced tickets to the Philly game. Think I might grab some for the Pels next week though just to see AD. 

• Like 1
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to Official NBA 2018/2019 Thread