RDR2 OT **Mark Spoilers**

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people at giant bomb who would fawn over these type of Rockstar games have really begun to turn sour on this.   And its very similar to what you describe, they don't want to hate it, the

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborate

Got to play a few more hours. This world truly is by a long shot the most realised and living, breathing world every created in gaming. There are so many cool little moments and the way there is so mu

Posted Images

Some impressions from the intro 

Great characters

Slow burn pace might turn off ADD gamers

I like Arthur so far. He can be hilarious

The graphics are and physics are unbelievable I still can't warp my head around this running on current gen consoles

The world is almost overwhelming with how much you can interact with it 

Love the hunting and stealth mechanics

Gonna jump back in

• Upvote 1

I wonder how organic and interactive it really feels. most 'random stranger' missions are right along the road.  smart planning would have some of THOSE missions lead you into a forest or off beaten path, where even more creative 'random stranger' missions can be found (a la you are finally off the road and exploring vast but finding rewards).

Too bad I hate westerners, and it's so brown. But looks like a boss ass GTA (*open world rock star) game.  I credit R* for perfecting the same formula more and more.  And Giving us gamers a fucking joy!! Litereally own and lead and uphail the open world game genre.  IMO R* makes games as great as Nintendo (*GASP*).  300 hours of GTA5 is a bit more impressive than Ninty single player linear formula over and over. 

20 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I wonder how organic and interactive it really feels. most 'random stranger' missions are right along the road.  smart planning would have some of THOSE missions lead you into a forest or off beaten path, where even more creative 'random stranger' missions can be found (a la you are finally off the road and exploring vast but finding rewards).

Too bad I hate westerners, and it's so brown. But looks like a boss ass GTA (*open world rock star) game.  I credit R* for perfecting the same formula more and more.  And Giving us gamers a fucking joy!! Litereally own and lead and uphail the open world game genre.  IMO R* makes games as great as Nintendo (*GASP*).  300 hours of GTA5 is a bit more impressive than Ninty single player linear formula over and over. 

In the first RDR, I remember about 2-3 random stranger missions being pretty far out there. Like they purposely triangulated to be in the middle of three main roads. Or some of them could be seen nearby because another mission led you to a spot where you were close enough to see them.

The thing with Rockstar open world games is that the environmental designers have like 5-6 years, and you can tell because they just add all of these little details to the world.  And some very unique A.I. scripting. The problem I found in GTA5 is that the world had all these details, but there was never any missions that took advantage of it.

I hope this game does.

1 hour ago, Vini said:

Some impressions from the intro 

Great characters

Slow burn pace might turn off ADD gamers

I like Arthur so far. He can be hilarious

The graphics are and physics are unbelievable I still can't warp my head around this running on current gen consoles

The world is almost overwhelming with how much you can interact with it 

Love the hunting and stealth mechanics

Gonna jump back in

the first was like that too. so, i can't say i'm surprised. plus, gotg witcher 3 was like that too. so all is good. 

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

the first was like that too. so, i can't say i'm surprised. plus, gotg witcher 3 was like that too. so all is good. 

I wonder how big this map is compared to Witcher 3's areas.

In this game, you kinda have to travel by horse, because it looks like the running animation is so slow compared to Geralt's.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I wonder how big this map is compared to Witcher 3's areas.

In this game, you kinda have to travel by horse, because it looks like the running animation is so slow compared to Geralt's.

yeah, i'm curious to explore this world and see its scale, and how the traversal is. 

Just now, -GD- said:

yeah, i'm curious to explore this world and see its scale, and how the traversal is. 

Was that map size rumor from 2-3 years ago true?

Remember that? Where the leaked photo of the map incorporated the area of the previous RDR game and then showed off so much more land area.

Digital Foundry says in their video that you will traverse the area from the previous game.

I just watched a turtle trudge through mud for 5 minutes straight shit was hypnotizing

I like how predators like alligators and bears don't just attack you in this game unless they're hungry. Most of the time if you antagonize them they'll run away

Edited by Vini
  • Like 1