RDR2 OT **Mark Spoilers**

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people at giant bomb who would fawn over these type of Rockstar games have really begun to turn sour on this.   And its very similar to what you describe, they don't want to hate it, the

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborate

Got to play a few more hours. This world truly is by a long shot the most realised and living, breathing world every created in gaming. There are so many cool little moments and the way there is so mu

Posted Images

I'm having major issues with the story now. The end of Chapter 4 and start of Chapter 5 is ridiculous. In most games it's normal ridiculous level but when this game is so intentionally going for realism there are numerous scenes that are just plain stupid. 

Also sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over: (Chapter 4/5 spoiler)

Being Dutch's bitch. Arthur just isn't believable to me at this point. He's now sort of starting to question Dutch and talk back? Just now?! He is a totally different person and personality in different scenes. Hosea is the one that is always questioning dutch and Arthur is a little bitch and does everything he says over and over. Literally chapter 2, 3 and 4 play out IDENTICAL. Literally identical. Get to a town/city, get in with the head family/person that runs the town, be betrayed or betray them, massacre everyone in town, move to next town. It's extremely poor from both a story and gameplay perspective. For all it's systems and detail when it comes to gameplay everything just ends in a giant gun battle in the middle of a town. Dutch's decisions are moronic and so obviously so that it makes no sense Arthur would do everything. Big and small.

Now to the major stupidity. End of Chapter 4. Oh we got betrayed and lied to about the amount of money in the small post office robbery, let's now totally do the huge bank robbery in the middle of the biggest city. What could go wrong. Oh no, we got betrayed again. Shock. Now lets hop on a boat to escape. Okay. Oh no, there is a big storm which causes the boat to crash and now we are in the middle of a war on a tiny Caribbean island. WTF. 

I have no doubt the later part of this game is going to be good from a character perspective but to get to this point has been really really poor all round. There is slow and then there is poor pacing. This is extremely poor pacing. We didn't need to see the exact scenario play out across 3 chapters then some ridiculous event to now have Arthur fully questioning Dutch and Dutch slowly losing it. 

Now that I have more time to type, and i dunno... the needy wiffie poo is put to sleep,

is this game just full of lots of NPC blurbs?  Does anything actually make it feel alive?  antagonize and defuse,antagonize and defuse, just a longer way to get into a fight or out of one,eh?  Wish it lead to looting better or finding out info?

I wish you could socialize your way into bounties. Or steal bodies off of lawmen's and then sell the bounty yourself?  Like say one random day they're carrying around a $500,000 purse and the game just doesn't tell you!

But ish like that is just a pipe dream and ish like that, eh?

So how does it play? From the videos I've spoiled myself with,the gunplay is actually a lot more beefed and a calamity-spectacle than I presumed. So that's something cool I will look forward too,

but eeh, yeeeah, does an open game world exist that truly pulls it off? I say not yet. It's too hard to do?

Edited by kokujin
1 hour ago, Boss said:

you can steal bounties from bounty hunters and bring them to the sheriff.  

yeyyyeah. are they random prices? cheap shits?  ofc

would have been super killer if you had to listen to NPCs for WHEN a big bounty was coming thru da town.  Do you just run into these things?

Ermmm,  hand-to-hand looks doope. Are some enemies tough as shits hand-to-hand or is it pretty simple?

What's considered a tough gun-fight?

sp-ell-o-me-the-entire-game with-letters.  :fag:

I just keep discovering an insane amount of details in this game, it's unbelievable what they've created here  :dame: 

How when you hogtie a person and throw them in shallow water they won't drown but struggle and gasp for air as they try to keep their head up.

Throwing a fire bottle in a house and how the fire keeps spreading around and burns everything.

A low tree branch you think is just good decoration but actually knocks you down if you pass through it on horseback.

Shot a bird which landed on the ground and took off again  but it was actually an owl and had a rat next to it that it just caught and killed.

This game is also like a gourmet buffet for sadists and animal haters LMAO. I feel bad when I kill them though, poor owl :( 

• Like 1

Entering the marsh area is clearly trying to emulate dirty Lousiana. And that Nite Folk ambush attack creep'd me out. I though it turned into Undead Nightmare all of a sudden.

They're absolutely silent. Had I walked into the ambush during the middle of the night, they probably would've gotten right up to me and taken me out.

9 hours ago, bhytre said:

I just keep discovering an insane amount of details in this game, it's unbelievable what they've created here  :dame: 

How when you hogtie a person and throw them in shallow water they won't drown but struggle and gasp for air as they try to keep their head up.

Throwing a fire bottle in a house and how the fire keeps spreading around and burns everything.

A low tree branch you think is just good decoration but actually knocks you down if you pass through it on horseback.

Shot a bird which landed on the ground and took off again  but it was actually an owl and had a rat next to it that it just caught and killed.

This game is also like a gourmet buffet for sadists and animal haters LMAO. I feel bad when I kill them though, poor owl :( 

send clips to peta

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

I've got to be incredibly close to the end. Epilogue Part 2 and fair bit into it also.

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborately designed in a way that made me think I was in the climax, but it just keeps on going and hasn't slowed down much at all.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2

Finished it last night! Bloody hell that is one long ass game. 

I don't know if I've ever been so split on a game. What it does well it does better than anything before it but some individual aspects of it are extremely poor imo. 

I honestly think it could've been significantly shorter and it would've been a lot better. The epilogue was nearly as big as most games lol