RDR2 OT **Mark Spoilers**

29 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Chapters 1-6 spoilers (not past where you are up to)

Hide contents

I think  they planted the seeds of doubt in Chapter 2, confirmed them in Chapter 3 and by Chapter 4 Arthur would've no way been following Dutch still. Let alone after what happens in Chapter 5 and he is still following him in Chapter 6. Either Arthur is really really dumb or they just had to fill in content for the game because imo that arc of the story is dragged out so much that it ruined Arthur for me. In the end it feels like his character change happens when he finds out he has TB and not from any of Dutch's actions because the things he accepts is just ridiculous at some points. A major major example being in Chap 6 but I'm not sure if you are there yet.

But for me after Dutch got the camp involved with the 2 family drama in Chapter 3 that resulted in Jack getting kidnapped (this already on the back of a death or 2) should've been the final straw from Arthur. From that point we have Dutch's insanely crazy plans in Chapter 4 (robbing the bank in Saint Denis after there was already a failed robbery at the Post Office in what seemed to be a set up)  that resulted in Hosea dying among others, plus the members getting split and the entire insanity of Chapter 5 including Arthur acknowledging how Dutch has lost it after killing the old woman only for Arthur to still do everything he says in the remaining Chapter 5 and going into 6. 

It felt like a story with a person suspecting their partner of cheating and first catching them holding hands with someone and letting it go and believing in them, then catching them kissing someone and letting it go and believing in them, then catching them fucking someone and letting it go and believing in them then catching them in a full blown orgy and letting it go and believing in them. At some point you lose sympathy or reliability to the character because it's just their stupidity for continuing to do this.

They make it pretty clear that Arthur doesn't overthink things he's just the muscle of the gang and kind of runs on loyalty. Plus you gotta remember this gang is like a family and Dutch is like their father, And he probably has gotten the gang out of binds like these countless times before. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people at giant bomb who would fawn over these type of Rockstar games have really begun to turn sour on this.   And its very similar to what you describe, they don't want to hate it, the

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborate

Got to play a few more hours. This world truly is by a long shot the most realised and living, breathing world every created in gaming. There are so many cool little moments and the way there is so mu

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

anyone try the gold bar glitch?

I did and then I changed my mind and reloaded my original save and just collected the single bar. 

The games economy and managing money is too important to the structure of things to just use a get rich quick glitch, it devalues almost every aspect of what you're doing. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I did and then I changed my mind and reloaded my original save and just collected the single bar. 

The games economy and managing money is too important to the structure of things to just use a get rich quick glitch, it devalues almost every aspect of what you're doing. 

Yeah that's why I haven't done it.  Will be patched.

15 hours ago, Vini said:

Reveal hidden contents

They make it pretty clear that Arthur doesn't overthink things he's just the muscle of the gang and kind of runs on loyalty. Plus you gotta remember this gang is like a family and Dutch is like their father, And he probably has gotten the gang out of binds like these countless times before. 

I understand that which is why I think he gave him all those chances early in the game but by the end it was too much for me personally. I'll wait till you're done and we can continue our chat. Keen to talk about the epilogue

gahahah playing dragonquest 11 instead, you unsophisticated slobs. I pick the higher road.  I'm glad,and it's the more unique choice?  Altho I will def try this game when it hits $30. It's good to hear all the complaints about it too. So I won't be too shocked. Curbed expectations are a good thing.  

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Why do a gold glitch when there is barely anything to spend your money on

Yeah by the midpoint of the game you can have the best weapons/horse purchased along with all of the call upgrades. That’s another issue I have with rockstar games, their economy systems are always so unbalanced.

Playing epilogue now

My only problem with it that

John is a better character than Arthur. Although I liked Arthur a lot. 

This game is so badass though. 

Edited by Vini
3 hours ago, Vini said:

Playing epilogue now

My only problem with it that

Reveal hidden contents

John is a better character than Arthur. Although I liked Arthur a lot. 

This game is so badass though. 

Yeah I sort of felt the same regarding John and Arthur, however I really felt the epilogue was really still part of Arthur's story, since everything he did was for John to be able to leave and take care of his family (which makes it all the more sad given the events of RDR1)

Let me know what you think of the story arc of the epilogue when you're done. I found it to be so much better than the main story, not in it's content but in the actual arc of the character and events that occur. A good example of why shorter is sometimes better imo plus it doesn't revolve around the same climaxes as the main story.