RDR2 OT **Mark Spoilers**

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people at giant bomb who would fawn over these type of Rockstar games have really begun to turn sour on this.   And its very similar to what you describe, they don't want to hate it, the

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborate

Got to play a few more hours. This world truly is by a long shot the most realised and living, breathing world every created in gaming. There are so many cool little moments and the way there is so mu

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If I lost my legendary bear pelt (which I'm not even going to fucking takl about it)......can I go back to the same area to hunt another legendary bear?

Yea you can find them in Grizzlies East by the bear icon on the map, you can use predator bait to draw them out. 

I'm about 80% complete, and I've got to say this game is changing the concept of what a game is to me. Not once in my life have I sympathized with a character more than Arthur, it's incredible how much I'm attached to this person, It's like he's real. I care about his morality, what happens to him, I'm afraid to finish the game because I feel like he's going to die.

The journey with him through the course of this game has been eye opening, watching him change in front of my eyes, watching him become a better person filled with doubt. I'm shocked, this game is the definition of perfect.

34 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm about 80% complete, and I've got to say this game is changing the concept of what a game is to me. Not once in my life have I sympathized with a character more than Arthur, it's incredible how much I'm attached to this person, It's like he's real. I care about his morality, what happens to him, I'm afraid to finish the game because I feel like he's going to die.

The journey with him through the course of this game has been eye opening, watching him change in front of my eyes, watching him become a better person filled with doubt. I'm shocked, this game is the definition of perfect.

damn, how long have you spent on it? that's my main concern. i have a few hours a week to game.

25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

ok, now that the hype has died down...does the game meet/exceed the hype? (i know DC loves it)

At first, the game seems "arrogant" to want to make you play by its rules. This is an open-world game, and its habit for you to feel like you should be able to fuck with just about anything.

But what it does is that it makes you want to "role-play", as silly as that sounds.

I would say that if you have a one-week vacation during Christmas, then that would be the perfect time to dive in.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

ok, now that the hype has died down...does the game meet/exceed the hype? (i know DC loves it)

I'm now about 45% complete. Been taking my time but at the same time it's not like I've been dying to play it. 

I am a huge fan of what it does right. The highlight of the game is without a doubt the world. No open world has ever even come close to this, it is a real next generational leap in open world design and the way a character interacts with it and the npcs in it. That aspect of the game is actually so good that I can completely understand that positive overriding any negatives. However nearly all the criticism pointed at the game is valid. It might all be intentional but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

The game is extremely slow, I've talked about how so I won't repeat but even storyline wise. I've probably put 25-30 hours (guessing) into this game, got to Chapter 4 so far and tbh nothing major has really happened. There is good character development however I still feel a disconnect with the Arthur the story is telling and how it's playing out. Nearly everything results in violence, the sympathetic angle and an Arthur slowly regretting actions can only go so far when every mission I become the greatest mass murderer in US history. None of this usual matters in games but because it is going for a super real approach it is bothering me here for some reason. It's a similar disconnect I'm feeling with the player agency focused gameplay of the open world compared to all of that being taken away for all the missions.

With all that said, it is still in my top 5 games of this gen and my second favourite game of the year so far. It's also a new standard for open world game design. Going to be strange to go back to every other open world after this.