Xbox is on the up and up.

The earnings report for first quarter in fiscal year 2019 announced on October 24 show the Xbox division regaining ground it lost after the Xbox 360 era. Total game revenue is up 44 percent year-over-year, in large part driven by Xbox One X springboarding hardware revenue by 94 percent

The divisions entire revenue is up 44% and their hardware revenue has increased 94%, regardless of all the fanboy fuckery and "Muh exscruseeeeevs!" banshee fodder, Xbox is doing fantastic. 

Get fucked haters :umad:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Xbox hardware Revenue grew 94%, against a low prior year comparable due to timing of Xbox One X launch in Q2 FY18'     MS' own fiscal report states exactly what I said. That the

Xbox One X is a premium console.  The controller is fantastic.  I love the grippy-ness of the thumbsticks.  The controller itself is very ergonomic.  It feels much more quality than PS4'c controller t

TLHBR.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Surprise surprise, the guy who cries about context in every other sales thread offers none here. 

What context is needed? It's self evident. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

On the old forum and continually.. that Phil was turning Xbox around.

He clearly is. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

What context is needed? It's self evident. 

How about the fact that when Revenue is the only metric being used it is entirely pointless to compare a YoY result for a 12 month period where the only hardware being sold is a 199-249 machine compared to one where a 500 system is also included for pretty much that entire 12 months. No shit Revenue is going to be up. Sales would have to actually have to drop dramatically for revenue to stay flat when you has a system that costs twice as much. Any single X being sold is 100% revenue boost for the same single unit that is measured in the year prior. Even more if you compare 199 sold Xboxs to $499 sold X's. 

Not to mention that revenue isn't profit. The X is incredible value, MS isn't making much on it if anything at all. You think Sony posting only revenue results would've mattered when they were selling the PS3 for $599 and at a loss? Of course not. 

Watch the YoY % increases drop dramatically now that starting in Nov and moving forward each month is being compared to a previous month that had the X out also in the previous year.

Does anyone actually have the full report details or does MS still just group everything and we see no breakdown of anything at all?

Revenue as an indicator is ridiculous. 

For eg you could have (we'll use small numbers cause it's easier)

Q1 2018 Fiscal Year:

2m Xbox One S sold @ $250  = $500m Revenue

Q1 2019 FY: 

1m Xbox One S sold @ $250 = $250M

+

1m Xbox One X sold @ $500 = $500M

Congratulations, that's a gigantic 50% Revenue growth with Unit Sales growth as 0%

Edited by madmaltese

I don't know why people are mad about Xbox being a good value for it's price.  A $500 gaming console providing that kind of performance should be highly regarded.  Instead we have sheeps and cows constantly bashing.  I'm having a blast with RDR2 on my X.

Edited by S#$@%^i
38 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

How about the fact that when Revenue is the only metric being used it is entirely pointless to compare a YoY result for a 12 month period where the only hardware being sold is a 199-249 machine compared to one where a 500 system is also included for pretty much that entire 12 months. No shit Revenue is going to be up. Sales would have to actually have to drop dramatically for revenue to stay flat when you has a system that costs twice as much. Any single X being sold is 100% revenue boost for the same single unit that is measured in the year prior. Even more if you compare 199 sold Xboxs to $499 sold X's. 

Not to mention that revenue isn't profit. The X is incredible value, MS isn't making much on it if anything at all. You think Sony posting only revenue results would've mattered when they were selling the PS3 for $599 and at a loss? Of course not. 

Watch the YoY % increases drop dramatically now that starting in Nov and moving forward each month is being compared to a previous month that had the X out also in the previous year.

This isn't context, it's dismissal. The point is in relation to the X itself, Microsoft is up in units about 18% as compared to last year however their revenue is 94% higher. This means the S is selling less than last year but the X is selling a ton of units which is helping to exceed not only revenue but total volume, it's responsible for at least 80% of the hardware revenue growth. None of this should even need context, as I stated it's very self evident

Revenue is relevant to health, Xbox One likely sold about 40% of what the PS4 did last year, their hardware revenue has almost doubled this year. That means relative to last year they're producing a higher end split on Sony's income for 2017 with only an 18% upshot in unit sales. That's great, and while it may not be pure profit it shows the brand is greatly on the upswing. I mean their entire division is up 44% from last year, the brand is healthy and no amount of fanboy vitriol is going to change that, it's not a contentious point. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This isn't context, it's dismissal. The point is in relation to the X itself, Microsoft is up in units about 18% as compared to last year however their revenue is 94% higher. This means the S is selling less than last year but the X is selling a ton of unit's, it's responsible for at least 80% of the hardware revenue growth. None of this should even need context, as I stated it's very self evident

Revenue is relevant to health, Xbox One likely sold about 40% of what the PS4 did last year, their hardware revenue has almost doubled this year. That means relative to last year they're producing a higher end split on Sony's income for 2017 with only an 18% upshot in unit sales. That's great, and while it may not be pure profit it shows the brand is greatly on the upswing. I mean their entire division is up 44% from last year, the brand is healthy and no amount of fanboy vitriol is going to change that, it's not a contentious point. 

You keep talking about fanboy vitriol like you're not the biggest one here :tom:

Everything you just posted is the context. When you just post revenue without the actual unit sales increase it is pointless especially when comparing Pre X MS to Post X MS. 

Like I said, watch these big figures (94% hardware growth) drop drastically now that they compare quarters that included X to ones that didn't.

Higher revenue means nothing if it doesn't relate to higher profits. The production cost of the X is higher than the S, I wouldn't even be surprised if they make more profit on the S than the X. Business isn't just about incomings so posting only Revenue is dumb.