I hope we get some unique new style of controllers next gen

eh, i like the idea of portability instead. i know we joke about the xbox cloud stuff, but i hope it takes off.  i'm barely home, and when i am, i only like to play story-driven campaigns.  i have a lot of downtime when graphics are rendering at work, so portability all the way for me. 

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I just hope they allow the use of old controllers and peripherals and make everything incompatible with PC

So you want them to keep the same things but make them incompatible except they'd need compatibility to use the same things? :drake: 

Stupid lemming.   You already got your retard controller...  Now double tap the tongue button and waggle your head against the wall mounted button to signify that you understand me. :hest: 

Another thing I think would be cool is if the Guide / Home button on the controller was also a finger print scanner.  Basically you push the button to power on your console, and it scans your finger and automaticallly logs you into your profile.  I think it would be cool also if the next generation of consoles allowed multiple simultaneous user log-ins.  A main log-in account (one associated with the console) and then up to 3 guest accounts, so that playing games in local co-op could get achievements and whatever else they might plan even while not playing on their own console.  Imagine 4 controllers sitting on the table and you and 3 buds come in and each grab a controller.  You all push the guide buttons to power the controllers up and the console starts up, since the main account holder was detected it would log him in as the main account.. then just like achievement pop ups it would say "X has logged in as a Guest" "Y has logged in as a Guest"... and so on.  Since your finger print would be associated with your account, you could log in easily on any console. 

Of course, it would just be an option for logging in.  You'd be able to disable it or ignore it if you chose.  I think that would be pretty cool.  And judging by how MS is updating "Windows Hello" , it makes all too much sense for me that they will do something very similar.

On 2018-10-30 at 5:25 PM, -GD- said:

eh, i like the idea of portability instead. i know we joke about the xbox cloud stuff, but i hope it takes off.  i'm barely home, and when i am, i only like to play story-driven campaigns.  i have a lot of downtime when graphics are rendering at work, so portability all the way for me. 

There is PlayStation Now. With the Xflop Cloud using Xbox One S as the platform for delivering the games for streaming get ready to be disappointed.

I just want a small evolution . No gimmicks . Higher build quality . Xbox controllers and especially ps4 controllers were cheap junk this gen .

The more gimmick shit they add will just cause higher failure rates and most people won't use them or want some dumb black rectangle button that is useless or a dumb LED light shining on every damn thing .

Rumble triggers were my favorite thing this gen . Subtle but when using a controller or playing a game without them it feels ...off.

• 2 months later...