PS4 Lifetime sales have surpassed 86 million units

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

22% in argos =/= 22% across the UK. 

22% without an actual figure can also mean you still sold less units that your competitors. 

so basically, your 29 million is a guesstimate. 

It's all a guesstimate to a degree beyond NPD, I mean there's plenty of information from analyst firms all over the place and they all seem to scale relatively the same but have different baseline/top end figures. The only reasonable approach is to read between the lines, take in all you can and try to ballpark.

37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

22% in argos =/= 22% across the UK. 

22% without an actual figure can also mean you still sold less units that your competitors. 

so basically, your 29 million is a guesstimate. 

Its the UPPER end of his guesstimate.

And then the question becomes...............where the hell would he explain the other 10 million Xbox Ones sold throughout the rest of the world? He's going to try and say its hidden somewhere throughout the EU and Latin America.

I don't think MS has sold much more than 35-36 million.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Insane figures. Even more so than past systems because Sony has never went this long without the price drop to $199 and with Profits up 65% they probably don't even need to do it yet. Beast

They drop to $199 for the last two months of the year which I assume is a lions share of their sales haul. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They drop to $199 for the last two months of the year which I assume is a lions share of their sales haul. 

I'm not talking about Black Friday/Holiday sales, I'm talking about the perm drop to $199 that all other Sony system had received by now.