The Smash Direct starts now!!

30 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I ain't watching 40 minutes of that. Show me some other games you pricks 

Rumor said there were two directs, the first being for Smash, on the horizon before this one got announced.  There's likely another one coming this month.

33 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So the single player campaign is like an old school JRPG, except when you enter a battle, its a Smash Bros match?  Well, that's probably better than the Subspace Emissary from Brawl.

Infinitely better than subspace emissary.   Trying to turn smash into a platformer was a bad idea, but this setup looks like it cuts the bullshit that SSE had and leaves the fighting.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Single Player Campaign - World of Light 

i've never been into smash games, but is this like an rpg component? if so, any word on how long the campaign will be? music aside, i dug that vid. 

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i've never been into smash games, but is this like an rpg component? if so, any word on how long the campaign will be? music aside, i dug that vid. 

If it's anything like Subspace Emissary...long as fuck.

Spirits mode seems like a lot of fun, too. Weapon master mode is my favourite single-player content in a fighting game and the event mode in Melee got most of the way there, but this looks like a step up from that.

Game certainly won't be lacking SP content.  

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Seriously, these directs are utter crap. I can't even imagine the biggest Smash fans actually finding that entertaining. Fucking brightness settings in a driect, talking about the 'Help' menu.... are you kidding me.

Lmao really?