• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is how you guys spent your Saturday

Saw this on twitter and thought it was funny  

Fuck Rick Scott.

There are "waves" of twitter accounts who are already trying to prepare to claim #voterfraud and spread it around tomorrow. They are not bots, these are actual people, except their twitter activity behaves in the same exact way and they appear to be arriving in certain intervals throughout the day:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20181105/00493140979/new-report-details-massive-mysterious-influence-campaign-twitter.shtml

Over the weekend, the group Guardians.ai released a fascinating report detailing what appears to be a massive influence campaign taking shape on Twitter. By way of disclosure, one of the three key authors of the report, Brett Horvath, is also one of the key people behind the election simulation game that we helped create and run, though I have nothing to do with this new report. The report is fascinating, and if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, Bloomberg also has a write up.

The key to the report is that they have identified some truly fascinating patterns that they've spotted among a cluster of users on Twitter, who, at the very least appear to be acting in a manner that suggests some attempt to influence others. I should note that unlike other such reports that jump to conclusions, the authors of this report are very, very, very clear that they're not saying these are "bots." Nor are they saying these are Russian trolls. Nor are they saying that a single source is controlling them. Nor are they saying that everyone engaged in the activity they spotted is officially part of whatever is happening. They note it is entirely possible that some very real people are a part of what's happening and might not even know it.

However, what they uncovered does appear strange and notable. It certainly looks like coordinated behavior, at least in part, and it appears to be designed to boost certain messages. The report specifically looks at statements on Twitter about voter fraud using the hashtag #voterfraud

We wanted to know how these accounts were coming onto Twitter and gaining mentions at such a high velocity — what was leading accounts to gain influence, so quickly? So we took a sample set of accounts from a group of suspicious Voter Fraud accounts and started looking at their activity day-by-day, starting at day one. What we began to notice is a pattern for how the influence machine might be working, and how coordination could be happening.

Here's the consistent network pattern we saw:

• User signs up for an account.
  • User starts replying to multiple accounts—some known verified Twitter users and many other accounts that are also on our list of actors, or that fit a similar profile.
  • The replies tend to contain: text, memes, hashtags, and @mentions of other accounts, building on common themes.
  • At some point the pattern shifts from being all replies to original tweets. Those original tweets contain the same types of content as their replies do.
  • It appears that this pattern cycles and repeats when the next batch of new accounts come online. The next batch starts replying to the existing, newly influential accounts, and carry on with the same sequence of events for gaining influence.

•  

I'm liberal, and lazy, and of the intellectual privelage to think the world should run good on its own. I am going to try REALLY HARD, to get out and actually vote tomorrow.

Jeh or someone deliver me a cheat sheat. For MN Gov, but more importantly congress/senate seats.  I would like to help the swampy ass repugnants not keep their fear-mongering horde on politics.  It's one thing to watch youtube vids of diversity and laugh, but a shame to not vote in folk who will make the world a better (more inflated $$) place. 

59 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I'm liberal, and lazy, and of the intellectual privelage to think the world should run good on its own. I am going to try REALLY HARD, to get out and actually vote tomorrow.

Jeh or someone deliver me a cheat sheat. For MN Gov, but more importantly congress/senate seats.  I would like to help the swampy ass repugnants not keep their fear-mongering horde on politics.  It's one thing to watch youtube vids of diversity and laugh, but a shame to not vote in folk who will make the world a better (more inflated $$) place. 

Do your own homework. Thinking that you are above the simple responsibilities of being a decent, informed citizen?

Shit........that basically makes you nothing more than a different flavor of Saucer, in my eyes.

Wouldn't surprise me if my post causes you to not vote, thus proving me right.