A dozen gamepass announcements at XO

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I demand we make Quad Damage mod for a day for the excellent job he's doing bloodying all of the lemming anuses by bumping these threads.  He'd doing the lord's work.  

I've seen those games before.                                              

jonb can finally play games he's been talking about on SW for the past decade 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I honestly think it's because you use Gamefly and Gamepass mostly. Not saying this as a negative thing but I remember when I use to have gamefly when I was younger, it always felt like you wanted to move on to the next thing because it is always there waiting for you. Even more so with gamepass cause of how easy it is to access. Since I buy nearly all my games now I finish pretty much everything. Paused AC for RDR2 but I will go back to it when I'm done with RDR2. Nothing else outside of Spyro I care about this year anyway (aside from Spidey DLC and Destiny DLC)

I struggle to sit down and play games for hours and hours . When you told me you were level 30 in aco I was like wtf . I felt like I played that for hours and hours . I don't think I'm even 17 . I really liked that game.  I did gamefly it but I don't really want anything new to play ATM.

That's why I enjoy games you can just play in bursts whenever you want , or short sp

games .

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Real talk Jon... it's because of this place.  If all of us were just purely gaming instead of arguing and bullshitting on the forum, we'd be playing everything :D 

Most likely lol

Just now, Jon2B said:

I struggle to sit down and play games for hours and hours . When you told me you were level 30 in aco I was like wtf . I felt like I played that for hours and hours . I don't think I'm even 17 . I really liked that game.  I did gamefly it but I don't really want anything new to play ATM.

That's why I enjoy games you can just play in bursts whenever you want , or short sp

games .

Fair enough. I still do late night gaming and on most nights can play from 10.30pm till whenever I want. Never needed more than 6 hours of sleep max anyway so can sometimes do big 2-3 hour sessions easily. More if the game totally has me. 

With that said my preference is still short story games.

Everything you're saying though does not sound like a good match for RDR2 at all. Out of nearly any game I've played this gen it is probably the most where I think you need long play sessions to enjoy. Even 1 hour feels like you have done absolutely nothing. Mostly because getting everywhere takes so long. 

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Real talk Jon... it's because of this place.  If all of us were just purely gaming instead of arguing and bullshitting on the forum, we'd be playing everything :D 

nah. i mainly come here when i'm waiting for video at work, or graphics are rendering. i find it's very hard to make time for gaming, now that i'm barely home. i haven't touched the xbox/ps4 in like 3 weeks.  funny enough, i game a shit load more when i'm in serious relationships. 

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Hearing you guys talk about it is making me very keen. I'm honestly in the mood for a super linear story driven game after all these giant open worlds I've been playing lol (Spiderman, ACO, RDR2) But I do really want to try DQ11, haven't touched a JRPG since Persona 5. 

It's really good.  But also very traditional, keep that in mind.  It's really polished and well crafted though, so if you appreciate that in a game, this has you covered.  I'd suggest playing with the "Super Strong" enemies checked off in the Draconian settings menu.  It makes the enemies harder, otherwise they're a bit too easy, in the beginning anyway.  Gorgeous graphics (for the most part) and fun characters... plus other stuff that I don't want to spoil so far.

I'd definitely put it on the Wishlist and keep it in mind.  It's in the running for GOTY for me personally, along with Celeste, God of War, and RDR2.  Tough choice. 

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's really good.  But also very traditional, keep that in mind.  It's really polished and well crafted though, so if you appreciate that in a game, this has you covered.  I'd suggest playing with the "Super Strong" enemies checked off in the Draconian settings menu.  It makes the enemies harder, otherwise they're a bit too easy, in the beginning anyway.  Gorgeous graphics (for the most part) and fun characters... plus other stuff that I don't want to spoil so far.

I'd definitely put it on the Wishlist and keep it in mind.  It's in the running for GOTY for me personally, along with Celeste, God of War, and RDR2.  Tough choice. 

I love classical JRPGs so that won't be a problem. I know I would love it, it's just fitting it in that's the issue. 

Also need to play Celeste 

• Like 1

So JonB, the same guy that is always judging how other people play their games, actually can't play games for more than a hour or two at a time and rarely ever finish his games to completion, and that is despite playing all of his games on the easiest difficulty levels.

It only confirms what I already knew for years, all the ''you don't play games/you're a non-gamer :jonb: '' nonsense was nothing more than bitter self projection.  :tom: 

51 minutes ago, Ramza said:

So JonB, the same guy that is always judging how other people play their games, actually can't play games for more than a hour or two at a time and rarely ever finish his games to completion, and that is despite playing all of his games on the easiest difficulty levels.

It only confirms what I already knew for years, all the ''you don't play games/you're a non-gamer :jonb: '' nonsense was nothing more than bitter self projection.  :tom: 

I don't have time to knock out a 60 hour game quickly. I played FO4 for MONTHS and still didn't finish it yet. Assassins seems to be another HUGE game.

Long games are hard to get thru because of the time commitment.

BTW you are a non gamer. VR TrashCan gaming lmfao stfu 

Just now, Jon2B said:

I don't have time to knock out a 60 hour game quickly. I played FO4 for MONTHS and still didn't finish it yet. Assassins seems to be another HUGE game.

Dude, Idgaf, it's your problem. I'm 60 hours in DQXI alone right now. :tom:   I beat FO4 back in 2015 clocking in at 100 hours. lol, on the hardest difficulty too. Started numerous playthroughs as well... I'm kinda crazy addicted to Bethesda trash RPGs.

Anyway, just fucking chill. I agree that games are getting too long. I had to stop playing Fist of the North Star (30 hours game), and Vakyria Chronicles 4 (40 hours game?) to finally make some real progress in Dragon Quest. Shit adds up and your free time as an adult keep shrinking. It's hard to beat everything when everything is now an open world game with endless content. 

Hell, I know you hate VR and shit but at least some of the great VR games are short and to the point, or fun and quick arcade experiences that are infinitely replayable but requires no real time investment, reminds me of the Dreamcast days when they were tons of fun, pick and up and play arcade games. It's kinda dying out on consoles, unless we're talking indie games but most of them sucks. 

31 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

so basically the type of games that best suit your current lifestyle are non-bloated single player games with a manageable length, games that PS4 specializes in with extremely high quality - but you cant allow yourself to embrace said games/console because fanboyism :tom: 

46 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

so basically the type of games that best suit your current lifestyle are non-bloated single player games with a manageable length, games that PS4 specializes in with extremely high quality - but you cant allow yourself to embrace said games/console because fanboyism :tom: 

lmao, like what? I have no interest in PS4 games. I would have kept mine if I did. Ill play Tlou2 on Ps5. IT has nothing else

I suffer from the same problem. Too many games, too little time.  It's not easy to commit so much time into a game these days. And when I finally managed  to immerse myself in a huge game like Witcher 3 or RDR2, reality called and you get back to work or some other life commitment. And it's not easy to get yourself back into the game again. I can't play a game like RDR2 for an hour a day after work like some do.  I just can't get into it like that.

Edited by Pureis
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Quit being pussies, take a weekend and just crack out a 60 hour game, shit's not hard.

take an entire weekend and run through a 60 hr game?... you don't have any other Hobbies or shit to do with your free time? :cosby2:

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

take an entire weekend and run through a 60 hr game?... you don't have any other Hobbies or shit to do with your free time? :cosby2:

You seen the paragraphs he writes? :ben: