Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jon2B

A dozen gamepass announcements at XO

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I honestly think it's because you use Gamefly and Gamepass mostly. Not saying this as a negative thing but I remember when I use to have gamefly when I was younger, it always felt like you wanted to move on to the next thing because it is always there waiting for you. Even more so with gamepass cause of how easy it is to access. Since I buy nearly all my games now I finish pretty much everything. Paused AC for RDR2 but I will go back to it when I'm done with RDR2. Nothing else outside of Spyro I care about this year anyway (aside from Spidey DLC and Destiny DLC)

I struggle to sit down and play games for hours and hours . When you told me you were level 30 in aco I was like wtf . I felt like I played that for hours and hours . I don't think I'm even 17 . I really liked that game.  I did gamefly it but I don't really want anything new to play ATM.

 

That's why I enjoy games you can just play in bursts whenever you want , or short sp

games .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Real talk Jon... it's because of this place.  If all of us were just purely gaming instead of arguing and bullshitting on the forum, we'd be playing everything :D 

Most likely lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jon2B said:

I struggle to sit down and play games for hours and hours . When you told me you were level 30 in aco I was like wtf . I felt like I played that for hours and hours . I don't think I'm even 17 . I really liked that game.  I did gamefly it but I don't really want anything new to play ATM.

 

That's why I enjoy games you can just play in bursts whenever you want , or short sp

games .

Fair enough. I still do late night gaming and on most nights can play from 10.30pm till whenever I want. Never needed more than 6 hours of sleep max anyway so can sometimes do big 2-3 hour sessions easily. More if the game totally has me. 

With that said my preference is still short story games.

 

Everything you're saying though does not sound like a good match for RDR2 at all. Out of nearly any game I've played this gen it is probably the most where I think you need long play sessions to enjoy. Even 1 hour feels like you have done absolutely nothing. Mostly because getting everywhere takes so long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Real talk Jon... it's because of this place.  If all of us were just purely gaming instead of arguing and bullshitting on the forum, we'd be playing everything :D 

nah. i mainly come here when i'm waiting for video at work, or graphics are rendering. i find it's very hard to make time for gaming, now that i'm barely home. i haven't touched the xbox/ps4 in like 3 weeks.  funny enough, i game a shit load more when i'm in serious relationships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try it eventually . I alamost bought DQ too but I was like ok I gotta stop and finish some of the games I'm playing first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Hearing you guys talk about it is making me very keen. I'm honestly in the mood for a super linear story driven game after all these giant open worlds I've been playing lol (Spiderman, ACO, RDR2) But I do really want to try DQ11, haven't touched a JRPG since Persona 5. 

It's really good.  But also very traditional, keep that in mind.  It's really polished and well crafted though, so if you appreciate that in a game, this has you covered.  I'd suggest playing with the "Super Strong" enemies checked off in the Draconian settings menu.  It makes the enemies harder, otherwise they're a bit too easy, in the beginning anyway.  Gorgeous graphics (for the most part) and fun characters... plus other stuff that I don't want to spoil so far.

 

I'd definitely put it on the Wishlist and keep it in mind.  It's in the running for GOTY for me personally, along with Celeste, God of War, and RDR2.  Tough choice. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's really good.  But also very traditional, keep that in mind.  It's really polished and well crafted though, so if you appreciate that in a game, this has you covered.  I'd suggest playing with the "Super Strong" enemies checked off in the Draconian settings menu.  It makes the enemies harder, otherwise they're a bit too easy, in the beginning anyway.  Gorgeous graphics (for the most part) and fun characters... plus other stuff that I don't want to spoil so far.

 

I'd definitely put it on the Wishlist and keep it in mind.  It's in the running for GOTY for me personally, along with Celeste, God of War, and RDR2.  Tough choice. 

 

 

I love classical JRPGs so that won't be a problem. I know I would love it, it's just fitting it in that's the issue. 

Also need to play Celeste 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I love classical JRPGs so that won't be a problem. I know I would love it, it's just fitting it in that's the issue. 

Also need to play Celeste 

get on that bro! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So JonB, the same guy that is always judging how other people play their games, actually can't play games for more than a hour or two at a time and rarely ever finish his games to completion, and that is despite playing all of his games on the easiest difficulty levels.

 

It only confirms what I already knew for years, all the ''you don't play games/you're a non-gamer :jonb: '' nonsense was nothing more than bitter self projection.  :tom: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ramza said:

So JonB, the same guy that is always judging how other people play their games, actually can't play games for more than a hour or two at a time and rarely ever finish his games to completion, and that is despite playing all of his games on the easiest difficulty levels.

 

It only confirms what I already knew for years, all the ''you don't play games/you're a non-gamer :jonb: '' nonsense was nothing more than bitter self projection.  :tom: 

I don't have time to knock out a 60 hour game quickly. I played FO4 for MONTHS and still didn't finish it yet. Assassins seems to be another HUGE game.

Long games are hard to get thru because of the time commitment.

 

BTW you are a non gamer. VR TrashCan gaming lmfao stfu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jon2B said:

I don't have time to knock out a 60 hour game quickly. I played FO4 for MONTHS and still didn't finish it yet. Assassins seems to be another HUGE game.

Long games are hard to get thru because of the time commitment.

 

BTW you are a non gamer. VR TrashCan gaming lmfao stfu 

Dude, Idgaf, it's your problem. I'm 60 hours in DQXI alone right now. :tom:   I beat FO4 back in 2015 clocking in at 100 hours. lol, on the hardest difficulty too. Started numerous playthroughs as well... I'm kinda crazy addicted to Bethesda trash RPGs.

 

Anyway, just fucking chill. I agree that games are getting too long. I had to stop playing Fist of the North Star (30 hours game), and Vakyria Chronicles 4 (40 hours game?) to finally make some real progress in Dragon Quest. Shit adds up and your free time as an adult keep shrinking. It's hard to beat everything when everything is now an open world game with endless content. 

 

Hell, I know you hate VR and shit but at least some of the great VR games are short and to the point, or fun and quick arcade experiences that are infinitely replayable but requires no real time investment, reminds me of the Dreamcast days when they were tons of fun, pick and up and play arcade games. It's kinda dying out on consoles, unless we're talking indie games but most of them sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I don't have time to knock out a 60 hour game quickly. I played FO4 for MONTHS and still didn't finish it yet. Assassins seems to be another HUGE game.

Long games are hard to get thru because of the time commitment.

 

BTW you are a non gamer. VR TrashCan gaming lmfao stfu 

 

so basically the type of games that best suit your current lifestyle are non-bloated single player games with a manageable length, games that PS4 specializes in with extremely high quality - but you cant allow yourself to embrace said games/console because fanboyism :tom: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

 

so basically the type of games that best suit your current lifestyle are non-bloated single player games with a manageable length, games that PS4 specializes in with extremely high quality - but you cant allow yourself to embrace said games/console because fanboyism :tom: 

lmao, like what? I have no interest in PS4 games. I would have kept mine if I did. Ill play Tlou2 on Ps5. IT has nothing else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suffer from the same problem. Too many games, too little time.  It's not easy to commit so much time into a game these days. And when I finally managed  to immerse myself in a huge game like Witcher 3 or RDR2, reality called and you get back to work or some other life commitment. And it's not easy to get yourself back into the game again. I can't play a game like RDR2 for an hour a day after work like some do.  I just can't get into it like that.

Edited by Pureis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Quit being pussies, take a weekend and just crack out a 60 hour game, shit's not hard.

take an entire weekend and run through a 60 hr game?... you don't have any other Hobbies or shit to do with your free time? :cosby2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

take an entire weekend and run through a 60 hr game?... you don't have any other Hobbies or shit to do with your free time? :cosby2:

You seen the paragraphs he writes? :ben:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

take an entire weekend and run through a 60 hr game?... you don't have any other Hobbies or shit to do with your free time? :cosby2:

If I've been waiting for a game like this I put shit on the back burner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×