RDR2 has already sold 17m units + GTAV update

Red Dead Redemption 2 sold-in more units in its first 8 days than the original blockbuster Red Dead Redemption sold in its first 8 years and, as of today, the title has sold-in over 17 million units worldwide.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsarticle&ID=2375981

GTAV now also reaching 100m units sold worldwide

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I expect X numbers to be huge.

lol, you live in dream land. 

The vast majority of these sales are on PS4 and if you were to breakdown the systems that RDR2 is being played on there is zero doubt it would go PS4 > XBO/S > Pro >X. 

As delusional as you are not even you can believe different, surely. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

lol, you live in dream land. 

The vast majority of these sales are on PS4 and if you were to breakdown the systems that RDR2 is being played on there is zero doubt it would go PS4 > XBO/S > Pro >X. 

As delusional as you are not even you can believe different, surely. 

Did I say anything about PlayStation? Insecure much, I said it will move a huge number of X's, and it will.

Calm your emotions cowtard.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It will move huge numbers of what it is bundled with...

You seem to have forgotten living in the middle of nowhere that the X was $100 off with a purchase of the game, and it shits all over the Pro version, embarassingly so.

This is the biggest release of the generation and it's clear everywhere that it's best on X. This is the kind of game that sells systems.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You seem to have forgotten living in the middle of nowhere that the X was $100 off with a purchase of the game, and it shits all over the Pro version, embarassingly so.

This is the biggest release of the generation and it's clear everywhere that it's best on X. This is the kind of game that sells systems.

As always you seem to forget actual consumers compared to the tiny niche of hardcore gamers that know anything and even out of that tiny core gamer group, a large portion is still playing on PS. 

Not to mention as usual, you only talk about the shithole you live in cause it is the only place where the X is even worth mentioning (and even there they are practically handing it away with huge discounts) while this thread is about worldwide sales. Even in the US the X will have the smallest player base let alone anywhere else. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It did 12 million the first three days, another 5 after is impressive. I expect X numbers to be huge.

I bought another X on that Friday because there was a deal that if you bought an X with rdr2 you saved $130.  Amazing deal for the most impressive game to come out so far.  All running in smooth 4k locked super X definition.  Simply amazing.

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

As always you seem to forget actual consumers compared to the tiny niche of hardcore gamers that know anything and even out of that tiny core gamer group, a large portion is still playing on PS. 

Not to mention as usual, you only talk about the shithole you live in cause it is the only place where the X is even worth mentioning (and even there they are practically handing it away with huge discounts) while this thread is about worldwide sales. Even in the US the X will have the smallest player base let alone anywhere else. 

People buying Pro's and X's are at large going to be more informed purchasers, that's just reality. Of those people who have not purchased a Pro and X and are considering it, do you think they'd choose a Pro on the heels of a release like this with how shit the game is on it? Probably not.

The X is and undoubtedly has outsold the Pro in the US basically every month, I have no doubts about that. It wouldn't surprise me if the X is actually in close proximity to outselling the Pro's total, it's an unimpressive and limp wristed system.

The X is the "PlayStation 4" of the 4K systems, not the Pro. Also calling the US a shithole is laughable, you live on some gay littlr island in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the US is the biggest gaming market on the planet.

52 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

People buying Pro's and X's are at large going to be more informed purchasers, that's just reality. Of those people who have not purchased a Pro and X and are considering it, do you think they'd choose a Pro on the heels of a release like this with how shit the game is on it? Probably not.

The X is and undoubtedly has outsold the Pro in the US basically every month, I have no doubts about that. It wouldn't surprise me if the X is actually in close proximity to outselling the Pro's total, it's an unimpressive and limp wristed system.

The X is the "PlayStation 4" of the 4K systems, not the Pro. Also calling the US a shithole is laughable, you live on some gay littlr island in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the US is the biggest gaming market on the planet.

You are legit delusional. You make up scenarios in your head and run with them like they are fact with zero evidence. In fact, not only with zero evidence but with so much pointing to the contrary. It really is quite amazing. 

Saying idiotic things like X has undoubredly outsold the Pro basically every month  (no doubts) and wouldn't surprise me if the X is close to outselling the total. LMFAO, legit crazy. 

You also keep talking about Power like the most powerful system hasn't always lost out to a weaker system every single generation. 

I don't even need to say more because month after month you are proved wrong and NPD will do so again. Wait till the breakdown of RDR2 is more lobsided to the PS4 than usual (just how it was in the UK market) and that difference being the RDR2 Pro bundles.

And since it's enjoyable to just prove you wrong in nearly everything you say you can't even try to insult me right.

'gay little island' - I live in Australia which is nearly the size of the US and you guys legalised SSM way before us. Incredibly new here so you can't even get the gay part right. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

You are legit delusional. You make up scenarios in your head and run with them like they are fact with zero evidence. In fact, not only with zero evidence but with so much pointing to the contrary. It really is quite amazing. 

Saying idiotic things like X has undoubredly outsold the Pro basically every month  (no doubts) and wouldn't surprise me if the X is close to outselling the total. LMFAO, legit crazy. 

I don't even need to say more because month after month you are proved wrong and NPD will do so again. Wait till the breakdown of RDR2 is more lobsided to the PS4 than usual (just how it was in the UK market) and that difference being the RDR2 Pro bundles.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the United States have not fared that differently over the course of the generation in terms of totals, the PS4 is like 3.5 million in the lead over the course of 5 years and almost all of that lead is due in part to the base system. The Pro is less popular than the X here, it's less revered, its initial performance was much worse and its been getting hammered game in and game out in terms of technical analysis. While this isn't to the same effect as the base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One I have no doubts that the paradigm at the upper end is radically different, opposite even but less radical.

There's nothing idiotic about stating the X is outselling the Pro, Sony's unit lead is quite small annually, about 700,000 units, 58,000 a month all averaged out. Microsoft's unit sales have increased roughly 18% but they're showing a 96% increase in hardware revenue. Using ghetto math that means the X is about a 39% stake in unit sales for the year or for every 1.56 S's that sell an X sells. Even going by Sony's early Pro percentages around the systems beginnings which have no doubt fallen quite a bit since then, they pegged the Pro at 19%. Even if that figure held fast now that would put the Pro at ~950,000 units annually in the US, at 39% for the Xbox One X that's roughly 1.6 to 1.9 million annually depending on how it fairs for what little is left for the rest of the year plus the exceedly great launch performance it had where 1/3 of November's Xbox sales were X's. 

No one is saying the Xbox One is outselling the PlayStation 4, I am saying the X is without a doubt shuttering the Pro. 

51 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the United States have not fared that differently over the course of the generation in terms of totals, the PS4 is like 3.5 million in the lead over the course of 5 years and almost all of that lead is due in part to the base system. The Pro is less popular than the X here, it's less revered, its initial performance was much worse and its been getting hammered game in and game out in terms of technical analysis. While this isn't to the same effect as the base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One I have no doubts that the paradigm at the upper end is radically different, opposite even but less radical.

There's nothing idiotic about stating the X is outselling the Pro, Sony's unit lead is quite small annually, about 700,000 units, 58,000 a month all averaged out. Microsoft's unit sales have increased roughly 18% but they're showing a 96% increase in hardware revenue. Using ghetto math that means the X is about a 39% stake in unit sales for the year or for every 1.56 S's that sell an X sells. Even going by Sony's early Pro percentages around the systems beginnings which have no doubt fallen quite a bit since then, they pegged the Pro at 19%. Even if that figure held fast now that would put the Pro at ~950,000 units annually in the US, at 39% for the Xbox One X that's roughly 1.6 to 1.9 million annually depending on how it fairs for what little is left for the rest of the year plus the exceedly great launch performance it had where 1/3 of November's Xbox sales were X's. 

No one is saying the Xbox One is outselling the PlayStation 4, I am saying the X is without a doubt shuttering the Pro. 

Your math is retarded.

If you think the X has been 39% of every Xbox sale in the US since it launched you are delusional just as I said but aside from that you again pick and choose numbers, carry your assumed logic into the equation and then just apply that figure across the board. You chose numbers comparing a single month in 2017 to a single month in 2018 and assumed that was correct for the entire span. Not to mention you assume there is zero uptick in Pro sales due to bundles of massive first party  games that we know have sold a shit ton of bundles not to mention RDR2 now.

If you think X LTD US > Pro LTD US you are plain wrong

If you think X LTD WW > Pro LTD WW you are plain wrong. You would even be wrong at X 2018 WW  > Pro 2018 WW

45 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Your math is retarded.

If you think the X has been 39% of every Xbox sale in the US since it launched you are delusional just as I said but aside from that you again pick and choose numbers, carry your assumed logic into the equation and then just apply that figure across the board. You chose numbers comparing a single month in 2017 to a single month in 2018 and assumed that was correct for the entire span. Not to mention you assume there is zero uptick in Pro sales due to bundles of massive first party  games that we know have sold a shit ton of bundles not to mention RDR2 now.

If you think X LTD US > Pro LTD US you are plain wrong

If you think X LTD WW > Pro LTD WW you are plain wrong. You would even be wrong at X 2018 WW  > Pro 2018 WW

You don't pay attention, this conversation is clearly beyond you. Microsoft released their financial statements which show their Xbox hardware revenue is up 96%. According to NPD their unit sales are up 18%, the rest of the numbers are pretty self explanatory from there. Given those two figures that puts the X at about 39% of unit sales using as I said "ghetto math", this shit isn't hard even though you're trying to make it appear that way so you can convince yourself that I'm crazy. The X even accounted for 30% of sales during November of last year, that's 400k in a sales month that's all about bottom dollar prices and nearly 1/3 shelled out $500. In its launch week in the UK it sold 80,000 units, it took the Pro a month to hit 50,000 in the UK. Launch aligned the X was also outpacing the Pro, its sales haven't slowed down, they've clearly accelerated while Pro adoption has clearly waned, it still costs what it did two years ago. 

You're trying to articulate and devalue something without reason, merit or fundamental information, you're trying to apply base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One logic to two completely different devices with separate target audiences, you're being obtuse. The sales rate of the X is hypothetically 80-100% higher than that of the Pro in the US using NPD's, Sony's, and Microsoft's own information. You think we're having some kind of argument, that's not what's taking place here.

The X is a more popular product than the Pro in the United States, straight up, that doesn't mean the Pro isn't selling but it's never been revered as anything great, its messaging has always been terrible, information for its function has been absent, how it's benefiting games, what games are enhanced, it's lacking basic informational support from the manufacturer themselves. It's always been a poorly pitched product and one which has had its existence called into question repeatedly, and with actual competition in the market its showing itself as being a poorly designed product as well that greatly underdelivers. Now the Pro is no doubt ahead WW but I wouldn't get too wrapped up on that number being a huge divergence, and in terms of the US the X either already has or is on the road to surpassing its LTD numbers, it's not keeping pace. 

I mean are you even aware the X has like 320 enhanced games as of this very moment while the Pro is still in the 270's? It's getting trounced, it had a year head start and is getting absolutely shit on. Sony hit it out of the park with the PS4 but they dropped the ball with the Pro, Microsoft's results have been the polar opposite. The X relative to the Pro's capability and price is performing like something that should cost $720, not $500. It's getting more support from developers, it's getting more retroactive support than the Pro did. It has openly available information about its features, what games are supported, how they're supported, everything is being done better in regards to this system.

People see these things, they take notice, Microsoft is treating the X like something special while Sony just kind of lets the Pro exist, people notice this shit man...

Edited by DynamiteCop!

*sigh* dumb gonna be dumb. Oh well.

Even your own numbers contradict you over and over. So here we go

You picked revenue reports from one quarter (not even a major holiday quarter) and applied it across the board for the year. 

You then land at 950 000M Pro's Sold, which going by Sony saying they are 20% of sales at that time you are saying that total PS4 sales in USA for the year are 5m. Sony announced 2017 Fiscal sales WW at 19m. So one post you go on about how huge the USA market is and the next apparently it is only about 25% of global PS4 sales. 

Even with those dumb figures though that is totally low balling the PS4 and being very generous to the X you still get X less than Pro LTD.

So as I said, Pro LTD > X LTD and this is using your own made up numbers.

Now WW.  2018 fiscal sales now projected at 21m. 

Assuming there is Zero uptick in Pro sales from Sony's 3x record breaking software (GoW, Spiderman and now RDR2) which ALL had Pro bundles., 20% of that is 4.2M Pros. 

We know that PS4 outsells the Xbox worldwide by greater than 2:1 (but probably even more so this record breaking year) but at that lets be generous and say Xbox sold 10m this year. Using the also generous 39% that is 3.9M

4.2M > 3.9M WW in 2018. Again, I'm being extremellllyyyyy generous because the X is hardly even existant outside of USA and UK and I'm applying the already very generous number to the USA WW now. There is zero way the X sold near 4m in 2018. Zero. But just to prove even in fantasy land you are wrong.

So back to what I originally said,

if you think X USA LTD > Pro USA LTD you are wrong 

if you think X WW 2018 > Pro WW 2018 you are wrong.

Every day that goes buy more Pros are sold than Xs,