Dragon Quest XI is fucking awesome

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

True, but I like the world flipping on it's head and there's still some new locales. No new towns seems like a wasted opportunity though.

It just isn't an issue for me. The game is stronger in other aspects during the later half and I'm just totally hooked to it's gameplay now. I'm still far from finished, nor did it ever started to drag.

Eh, for me the highlights of these games is discovering new locations and environments. One of my favorite things about the first half was the simple pleasure of coming across a new town or settlement and just exploring it while talking to all of the people. That feeling of discovery just isn't there in the 2nd half.

Edited by Twinblade
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Eh, for me the highlights of these games is discovering new locations and environments. One of my favorite things about the first half was the simple pleasure of coming across a new town or settlement and just exploring it while talking to all of the people. That feeling of discovery just isn't there in the 2nd half.

That's fair. I agree to some extent. It's still a good time though, I expected the backtracking anyway.