Forbes: 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Has GTA's Same Combat Problem, But Worse

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game full of detail, an absurd amount of detail sometimes, and yet throughout the game, I didn’t find that same level of detail in its combat system.

This is a problem I’ve found with many Rockstar games, most recently Grand Theft Auto 5, though “recently” there was a number of years ago. Firefights in that game were weirdly simplistic, the game using an almost absurd amount of auto-aim to kill off endless targets, and not only has that system not improved in Red Dead Redemption 2 all these years later, it’s almost actually worse.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/11/09/red-dead-redemption-2-has-gtas-same-combat-problem-but-worse/

pretty crazy that rockstar gets a free pass for garbage gameplay for a decade now (gta4 = 2008), just because of the gee-whiz reaction to their open worlds.

this is why ive sworn off all rockstar and bethesda games until they overhaul their engines/gameplay. passed on rdr1, skyrim, gta5, fo4, and now rdr2 and feel great about it :trump:

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

damn right but then i actually have a choice of either/both    what were your choices in the 10 months prior to rdr2 and forza 2k18?   wait dont answer that    

I guess it's hard to aim at things in poverty resolutions, lmao playing RDR2 on PS4    Notice how cows always try to downplay a game that's significantly better on X? Not working   

They'd rather hype Tetris.

16 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I guess it's hard to aim at things in poverty resolutions, lmao playing RDR2 on PS4  :tom: 

Notice how cows always try to downplay a game that's significantly better on X? Not working:cruise: 

always? this is the only one :kaz:

and ive been blasting rockstars clunky trash for literally a decade. nice try, lapdog :tom: 

Edited by Quad Damage
1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

They'd rather hype Tetris. :kaz:

damn right but then i actually have a choice of either/both :umad:

what were your choices in the 10 months prior to rdr2 and forza 2k18?

wait dont answer that

:rofl:

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I played RDR1 last gen and it bored me to tears. 

The environment was amazing, but the combat and game play mechanics were clunky ae fuck. 

Has RDR2 improved on the combat and game play mechanics? 

It's improved on everything except the combat and gameplay mechanics. 

It's such a strange situation because what they focused on improving they did so by such a margin where it legitimately makes every other game in comparison (in those facets) instantly outdated and yet the combat and gameplay mechanics got next to no improvements, making them outdated compared to other games. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

It's fair critique. In fact even outside of the shooting mechanics. For all the spectacular advancements they made in the open world, their core gameplay and mission structure is still very archaic. 

Just looking for an excuse to shit on the game because it's better on X.  If it were better on Sony's platform most of you wouldn't be making any complaints and praising the game to no end.  Welcome to SW.  lmao

4 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

btw here's me shitting on the last rockstar game i played 6 years ago and guess who was parroting the same substance-less response then that they do to this day.. :D 

Coincidentally this game was also worse on PlayStation, great case you're making here bud :hest:

:deadest:

27 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Cows would be jizzing their panties if RDR2 was better on their systems.  :juggle: 

28 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Just looking for an excuse to shit on the game because it's better on X.  If it were better on Sony's platform most of you wouldn't be making any complaints and praising the game to no end.  Welcome to SW.  lmao

gta5 was best on ps3 and ps4 for years - still junk

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Coincidentally this game was also worse on PlayStation, great case you're making here bud :hest:

it is a great case, considering almost all of it still goes 6 years later and still yet to be refuted - in that thread or this one :hest: 

:deadest: