Celeste is nominated for 4 game awards this year

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also for reference:   Sea of Thieves - 0 nominations State of Decay 2 - 0 nominations Forza Horizon 4 - 2 nominations

One of the best games of the year, easy.

Being 100% honest, it's a travesty if God of War doesn't take GOTY. (I'm supremely confident it will though)   But that's a crazy amount of nominations for Sony exclusives.  Gotta give it up

I didn't get too far in it, I'm not a fan of the high difficulty/trial and error gameplay. But then again I've never been a huge hardcore fan of platformers. 

What I played was great though. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So deserving and so amazing to see it listed alongside such massive projects from massive teams. 

For me personally, atm it's the second best game of the year and this is a year where I truly believe there is 5 games that could win GOTY some other years. 

Yes! Exactly.  It must feel amazing for the team to see their small little indie game be the only indie game nominated for GOTY.  With company like God of War, Spider-Man, RDR2, and Assassin's Creed.

Like fuck.. that right there makes a statement.  Although it's obviously not going to win (God of War is going to take it easily) just being nominated with games of that caliber.. is an award itself.

And yea, Celeste is in the top 3 for me... it's really hard to choose this year.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes! Exactly.  It must feel amazing for the team to see their small little indie game be the only indie game nominated for GOTY.  With company like God of War, Spider-Man, RDR2, and Assassin's Creed.

Like fuck.. that right there makes a statement.  Although it's obviously not going to win (God of War is going to take it easily) just being nominated with games of that caliber.. is an award itself.

And yea, Celeste is in the top 3 for me... it's really hard to choose this year.

I honestly think it's the best platformer in years, 2d or 3d. Better than SMO and that was my GOTY last year. No game has come close to feeling that good. Some of the tighest most responsive controls ever with incredible level design that continuously adds new mechanics which incorporate it's story into them. 

GoW is my GOTY but I think RDR2 will win it because it is occupying the current mind share in ppl. GoW seems so far away now and that usually does have an effect. 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I honestly think it's the best platformer in years, 2d or 3d. Better than SMO and that was my GOTY last year. No game has come close to feeling that good. Some of the tighest most responsive controls ever with incredible level design that continuously adds new mechanics which incorporate it's story into them. 

GoW is my GOTY but I think RDR2 will win it because it is occupying the current mind share in ppl. GoW seems so far away now and that usually does have an effect. 

Real talk.. I think it is better than Super Mario Odyssey as well.  It just nails everything it does.  It's rare for games to do that.

I dunno man, I think GoW struck a key with people and while yes, RDR2 is fresh in everyone's mind... I think God of War was more impactful when it released.  Looking at the responses on twitter, people are overwhelmingly saying GoW.  

It could go either way though, but I think definitely one of those two.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Real talk.. I think it is better than Super Mario Odyssey as well.  It just nails everything it does.  It's rare for games to do that.

I dunno man, I think GoW struck a key with people and while yes, RDR2 is fresh in everyone's mind... I think God of War was more impactful when it released.  Looking at the responses on twitter, people are overwhelmingly saying GoW.  

It could go either way though, but I think definitely one of those two.

Hope so because I do think GoW is vastly superior to RDR2 on many different levels. It also moved the industry forward in a way I didn't think was possible (both narratively and technically when it comes to blending cinematic gameplay and direction. 

imo it is clear choice for GOTY, Narrative and by a country mile Direction.

The awards need more technical categories though because RDR2 deserves some technical awards for that open world. Don't even know what to call them though. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Hope so because I do think GoW is vastly superior to RDR2 on many different levels. It also moved the industry forward in a way I didn't think was possible (both narratively and technically when it comes to blending cinematic gameplay and direction. 

imo it is clear choice for GOTY, Narrative and by a country mile Direction.

The awards need more technical categories though because RDR2 deserves some technical awards for that open world. Don't even know what to call them though. 

100%

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Just for reference.

Detroit: Become Human - 4 nominations

Spider-man - 6 nominations

God of War - 8 nominations

Being 100% honest, it's a travesty if God of War doesn't take GOTY. (I'm supremely confident it will though)

But that's a crazy amount of nominations for Sony exclusives.  Gotta give it up :whew: 

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Also for reference:

Sea of Thieves - 1 nominations

State of Decay 2 - 0 nominations

Forza Horizon 4 - 2 nominations

I fixed that for you.  Sea of Thieves got nominated for best MP game. :face: 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Did I miss any for State of Decay 2? Jonb told me it was his GOTY :(

Yea, actually.  It was nominated for the "Best Game Pass Game of the Year award"... as well as "Best survival Zombie game on a MS console" :hest: 

• Haha 1