BF5 finally got the RTX patch

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Hey Remipee, I'm playing RDR2 later again on my Xbox One X, in 4K and 30fps, just the way you like it (but don't have on either PS4 or PC LMFAO :will2: )

:juggle: 

I don't like 4K at 30fps unless it has RTX. :| 

Idiot :juggle: 

13 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

RTX Cards the biggest scam in gaming :D

Nope.  It's 100% the future of real-time graphics.  You're never going to be able to make the leap to ray-tracing without a performance impact.  People say... well they should wait until they can release cards with better ray-tracing performance... but it doesn't work like that.  They have to be able to build the architecture and then improve on it.  They can't do it all in one.

This is ONE game... the FIRST in fact.  They're still figuring this shit out..  4K at 30fps with RTX is NOT something to scoff at.

And they're the fastest performing cards in every metric...  AMD is getting left in the dirt :hest: 

Yeah you need to understand that this is the General Motors EV1,  eventually we'll get to the Tesla models with launch control, and all that jazz; but for now it's really just about bringing ray-tracing to market, to get Developers to start creating games with it. 

I rarely make predictions (1. I don't care enough, 2. Most times it can go either way) but within 2-3 years , gamers will look at ray tracing as a prerequisite for fully-fledged AAA titles from the big Studios.

7 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Why have 1070s not dropped in price yet with these new series out :facep:

Typically they'll drop in price the next quarter, this way they don't have their old stock (which after the bitcoin supply management issues appears to be quite a lot left in stock) competing with their flagship cards.

I would expect a price drop around the Boxing week sales. :face:

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Why have 1070s not dropped in price yet with these new series out :facep:

Because everyone wants Nvidia cards and there's literally no competition atm.  Nvidia priced the RTX series higher so that their 10 series looks like a better value proposition so they can sell the remaining stock.  The 1080s and 1080ti's are almost completely dried up now.

Look for a 2nd hand one if you can.

The cheapest I see one for now is 350. I should have gotten the FE when BB had them for 300.

Someone here may see a free copy of MHW in their future.

I doubt there will be any black Friday deals for gfx cards.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because everyone wants Nvidia cards and there's literally no competition atm.  Nvidia priced the RTX series higher so that their 10 series looks like a better value proposition so they can sell the remaining stock.  The 1080s and 1080ti's are almost completely dried up now.

Look for a 2nd hand one if you can.

lol I don't buy used stuff. Especially PC stuff.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

That's stupid of you.  Considering how little you care about PC gaming :romantears: 

I don't buy used electronics stuff unless its priced too good to be true

AMD cards power consumption is ridiculous. I need to say under 180 so I don't have to get a new PSU

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I don't buy used electronics stuff unless its priced too good to be true

AMD cards power consumption is ridiculous. I need to say under 180 so I don't have to get a new PSU

I feel ya.. I'm just ragging on you.

Yea, AMD cards are power hungry as fuck.  Just keep an eye out and you'll find a decent priced one eventually.