Official Fallout 76 Review Thread [Massive Lulz Edition]

Figured we could keep all the lulz in one thread (will make another one for Battlefield V as well) as this game  looks like a :flop:, but I'm partly interested in seeing which websites/publications give this a stellar review. :face:

Edit: Added with Gamespot's Early review - although no score :killzone:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-76-early-review-impressions/1100-6463321/

At the time of writing,

I've spent three modest days with Fallout 76, leisurely soaking in the world, churning through quests, and cooperating with both friends and strangers to do quests, participate in public events, and explore. I'm a series-long Fallout fan who's enjoyed every mainline entry and avoided 76's beta tests with the intent of making sure my first taste was of the launch product. I'm compiling my early thoughts here and will be updating my opinion with a finalized review once I've taken enough time to dive deeper and see the breadth of what Fallout 76 has to offer.

...there are no strong emotional anchors to help you become truly invested in the world...

Fallout 76 also falls victim to the series' now characteristic penchant for technical bugs. Whether caused by the game engine or the online nature of the game, I've run into a number of technical oddities in the PC version. Problems like clipping through the world, frozen animations, entire buildings failing to load, enemies getting stuck in walls, audio logs not playing, enemies spawning out of mid-air, losing control due to unstable server connections, and being unable to turn in quests due to unresponsive prompts are just some examples.

I'll continue to play the game with the intention of finishing the campaign, a good portion of the side quests, and getting involved in end-game content. This review will be updated and finalized when all that happens. But at this early stage, I feel like the only reason I'm enjoying the game as much as I am is because of an existing fondness for the Fallout series, not because of anything that can be distinctly attributed to Fallout 76.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MS invested in exclusive marketing deals for both Battlefield V and Fallout 76. MS sure knows how to pick 'em.  

I was laughing at the idea of real time passing while using the pip-boy. That menu is a clusterfuck and isn't snappy at all.     Bethesda games always looks somewhat outdated so I'm okay wit

Posted Images

Just now, S#$@%^i said:

Is that Todd Howard and those dudes?  What the hell have they been doing all this time?  Obviously not working on a new engine.

Yeah the game looks like a last-gen title, despite it using the exact same engine as the one in your sig (Unreal 4), plus the direction is well, directionless. For example, it's a multiplayer game, but you still have to access most of your items (Stimpacks, Rad-away, weapons not hot-keyed) in your pipboy - but unlike a singleplayer iteration of Fallout, you're still being attacked while in the menu... :D 

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah the game looks like a last-gen title, despite it using the exact same engine as the one in your sig (Unreal 4), plus the direction is well, directionless. For example, it's a multiplayer game, but you still have to access most of your items (Stimpacks, Rad-away, weapons not hot-keyed) in your pipboy - but unlike a singleplayer iteration of Fallout, you're still being attacked while in the menu... :D 

:kaz: 

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

No seriously, look at the water effects... Like Bioshock (2007) did it better. :| :D 

C1rbR.jpg

I was laughing at the idea of real time passing while using the pip-boy. That menu is a clusterfuck and isn't snappy at all. :tom: 

Bethesda games always looks somewhat outdated so I'm okay with it looking shit. Everything else sounds horrible though, this is basically a FO4 multiplayer expansion mod sold full price. lmfao

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

That doesn't even sound fun :D So I guess they just didn't update the graphics.  Why bother.. Are you getting it?  I saw some pretty bad video impressions and it looked dated.  Doubt I'd pay full price for that lol

But who knows it might still be good?  So far I haven't heard good things.

Edited by S#$@%^i
2 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

That doesn't even sound fun :D So I guess they just didn't update the graphics.  Why bother.. Are you getting it?  I saw some pretty bad video impressions and it looked dated.  Doubt I'd pay full price for that lol

Nah I'm staying away, they've released a new mod for Fallout: New Vegas (New California), and a mod to be released for Fallout 4 (Fallout Miami) both of which adds tons of hours of new gameplay! :juggle:

Here's a video of Fallout Miami:

Just now, S#$@%^i said:

It's pretty much an MMO Fallout? 

Yeah, so in keeping with the theme, there are ZERO NPC's. It's just audio logs you listen to... Endless audio logs... The game is sooo empty.

Also it has PVP, but the thing is if I target you, and you don't fire back I cause like 2-3% damage, until you fire back... :| :D 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of media outlets scored this in the 7-8 range just to make sure they continue to receive care packages from Bethesda.

Yeah, I'm curious as well, because the game is being savaged by the people who released Beta Footage onto Youtube from the game.

but I'm partly interested in seeing which websites/publications give this a stellar review.

Watching the GB quicklook. It looks like a student mod of the original games, im not even exaggerating. Theres no content or progression outside of a meager quest line doled out by audio tapes. No real NPCs, dialogue trees, settlements, no production or direction to anything. Bethesda really dropped the ball with this game.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Watching the GB quicklook. It looks like a student mod of the original games, im not even exaggerating. Theres no content or progression outside of a meager quest line doled out by audio tapes. No real NPCs, dialogue trees, settlements, no production or direction to anything. Bethesda really dropped the ball with this game.

So basically they're gonna try and No Mans Sky / Sea of Thieves it, and hope the Fallout name keeps it afloat until it's been patched enough to resemble an actual complete game?

I like that Bethesda is trying to learn new things. Eventually they should be able to start implementing some sort of online component for Fallout games.

But its obvious that these people are taking a first try at this, but trying to sell it as a  60 dollar product.

This should have been a PC test beta.

19 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of media outlets scored this in the 7-8 range just to make sure they continue to receive care packages from Bethesda.

The Sony treatment ?