Official BF V Review Thread - 8.0 from Gamespot (review in progress?)

Gamespot: 8/10

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/battlefield-5-review-in-progress-on-the-front-line/1900-6417039/

Editor’s note: We are waiting to finalize this review until we are able to test Battlefield V’s server stability with more players and see if certain bugs persist after initial patches upon release. While the free Tides of War updates for Battlefield V are scheduled through March 2019, we are evaluating the game based on what is currently available as of its November 2018 launch. Look out for our final review in the coming soon.

THE GOOD

+ Grand Operations brings out the best in Battlefield

+ Frontlines and Breakthrough are focused, thrilling modes

+ Impressive visual and audio experience that elevates the better moments
+ Smooth movement and impactful gunplay come together seamlessly
+ Small tweaks to squads, classes, and resources emphasize teamwork

THE BAD

- Most maps feel too congested or disjointed for Conquest mode

- Vehicle progression seems a bit overly demanding

- War Stories is inconsistent in style and tone

- A number of small bugs accumulate to show rough spots

Note* I'll keep the updates coming in as they drop over the next few days.

Edit: Still holding at 83 even after 27 reviews.

BF5_Meta.jpg

PC Gamer: 79

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-review/

As chaotic and exhilarating as Battlefield has always been. Just don’t expect a dramatic reinvention of the series.

i cant say im surprised. i haven't felt so uninterested in a BF release in a long time. doesn't help that it has like 3 release dates :|  i pre-ordered, but im not special enough to play it yet because i didn't buy their stupid ultra edition, or signed up for EA access? what a mess...

83 for this crap? Did cuckold sites pad the scores?

Should be way below a 6 when all is said and done. Unfinished, garbage corporate propaganda/social-programming game. This game has liberal think-tank monkey businesss all over it.

avoid this game at all costs, and thankfully it's failing in sales so dramatically BF won't be coming back next time. Good riddance.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Bodycount NS said:

83 for this crap? Did cuckold sites pad the scores?

Should be way below a 6 when all is said and done. Unfinished, garbage corporate propaganda/social-programming game. This game has liberal think-tank monkey businesss all over it.

avoid this game at all costs, and thankfully it's failing in sales so dramatically BF won't be coming back next time. Good riddance.

Thought you might also revel in this information :kaz:

Battlefield 1942 was a major reason Michael got into PC gaming as a kid, and he's played every entry since (to varying degrees). He still considers Battlefield 2 to be his favorite multiplayer experience ever.

Sounds like this is going to be the most credible review of the game yet. Im interested in hearing this guy's final impressions.