Overkill's (Payday 1&2) The Walking Dead Co-Op Game = 3.0 @ Gamespot

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/overkills-the-walking-dead-review-doa/1900-6417038/

Ooof

:snoop::lawl:

The Good:

+ Stringing together headshots on undead enemies can be satisfying

The Bad:

- Missions are repetitive, boring, and poorly paced

- A reliance on mundane grinding to progress

- Frustrating mechanics unbalance gameplay and unnecessarily restrict how you can play

- Loot, character skills and upgrades all feel meaningless

- Intrusive survival micromanagement buried in confusing menus is a chore to engage with

From its restrictive mission structures, unbalanced difficulty and frustrating means of progression, The Walking Dead struggles to justify the time it requires from you. It's a collection gameplay blueprints stacked upon one another without thoughtful consideration on how they might cohesively work together, wrapped up in a dull presentation and mundane combat that very rarely excites. The Walking Dead is a mess of scattered ideas and a lack of direction, and there's no reason to make sense of it all.

I knew the game was going to bomb based on user reviews, but Jesus H. :D 

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Funny how they review this trash, but completely ignore Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

The media bias is real. :dame:

But seriously, Gamespot has clearly no interest in VR games coverage. They had review copies for both Astro and Firewall, yet reviewed neither. And only did a small Firewall preview with blinders and click turning activated which made the game looks terrible. Somehow they had time to trash Deracine with a poor review though. 

Lol, I don't want to start a conspiracy theory but they clearly don't give a fuck. I didn't check their Tetris Effect review but I'd bet they didn't even try it in VR or barely mentions it in the review, even though that's the best way to play it.

wait, nevermind

Even though you don't need a PlayStation VR headset to get a taste, there's no question that Tetris Effect is best played in VR with headphones turned up loud.

Tobias Isreal adverted.

Edited by Ramza
7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The media bias is real. :dame:

But seriously, Gamespot has clearly no interest in VR games coverage. They had review copies for both Astro and Firewall, yet reviewed neither. And only did a small Firewall preview with blinders and click turning activated which made the game looks terrible. Somehow they had time to trash Deracine with a poor review though. 

Lol, I don't want to start a conspiracy theory but they clearly don't give a fuck. I didn't check their Tetris Effect review but I'd bet they didn't even try it in VR or barely mentions it in the review, even though that's the best way to play it.

Even though you don't need a PlayStation VR headset to get a taste, there's no question that Tetris Effect is best played in VR with headphones turned up loud.

There is no extra physical movement asked of you--the opposite of almost every other VR game in recent memory. Tetris Effect wants your mind, rather than your body, and even though we all dream of one day being completely immersed in a high-end VR game. In truth, Tetris Effect achieves the base goal--belief in your connection to the game.

Takes advantage of the benefits of VR without overextending its aims

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There is no extra physical movement asked of you--the opposite of almost every other VR game in recent memory. Tetris Effect wants your mind, rather than your body, and even though we all dream of one day being completely immersed in a high-end VR game. In truth, Tetris Effect achieves the base goal--belief in your connection to the game.

Takes advantage of the benefits of VR without overextending its aims

Beat you to it, son. 

7 minutes ago, Angel Jim said:

Sound good? Well I don't hear your voice so that's pleasant. I'm just repeating what you say in my head and my speech is fleek.

You're smugly complacent for being a failure. What went wrong?

3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

You're smugly complacent for being a failure. What went wrong?

Everyone fails. That's isn't a rancorous epithet. 

Lots of stuff goes wrong. I'm not going to list them. It would be endless. It was vague, too. Not sure what subject you're basing your question on.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Angel Jim said:

Everyone fails. That's isn't a rancorous epithet. 

Lots of stuff goes wrong. I'm not going to list them. It would be endless. It was vague, too. Not sure what subject you're basing your question on.

Time for you to go back under your rock.

4 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Peer pressure, bad trips, and balding that started in his late teens. :sad:

peer pressure lol. imagine him at a funeral saying that it's ok we are already dead