Platform split for RDR2 favors PS4 heavily in Oct NPD

According to sales insider Benji on Resetera. Surprising since Xbox One LTD sales is not far behind PS4 in NA. Thought it would be closer in NA at least. I guess PS fans are bigger Rockstar fans given their legacy on PS platforms. Even when 360 was dominating, the PS3 version of GTA V sold close to the 360 version if I didn’t remember wrongly.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Even sales are biased against Xbox :dame:

The native 4K  got all the X fans declaring their love and support for Rockstar.  And many neutrals to opt for the X instead of the Pro version. Honestly thought it would do better.

I don't see what's so surprising about this. After a year of banger aftsr banger after banger - Sea of Thieves into State of Decay 2 into Forza 2k19, it's obvious that xbox gamers have been bisy with too many other games to bother with RDR2.

Here let me impersonate Deenocup.

"We'll if we convert games sales into graphics pixels, the XBX version probably matched all PS4 pixels that were produced in October."

Basically, this confirms that there are simply not alot of X1X owners. There is still alot of people using the base XBO/XBOS and they sure as hell wouldn't pick up RDR2 for that console, so they probably transitioned to a PS4.

Just now, jehurey said:

Here let me impersonate Deenocup.

"We'll if we convert games sales into graphics pixels, the XBX version probably matched all PS4 pixels that were produced in October."

Basically, this confirms that there are simply not alot of X1X owners. There is still alot of people using the base XBO/XBOS and they sure as hell wouldn't pick up RDR2 for that console, so they probably transitioned to a PS4.

But Jerry, the X version is so clearly superior and the ppl buying these updated consoles only care about that so would OBVIOUSLY get the X version. Plus the X was $100 off with RDR2. Obviously all that is more important than the RDR2 marketing bundle.